Display lightning

Started by Gis80s, June 27, 2013, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gis80s

Hi,

I need help :) I would like to make a display lightning, but I don"t no, how can I do it.
Like this: http://ideasandassociates.com/content/ideasandassociates.com/iaa/images/medium/Night-work-1339150464.JPG

I put the texture on the screen, but how can I add to lightning?

Thx for help!

Peter (Hungary)

Ps: sorry, my english isn't so good yet

richardfunnell

Hi Peter,

I put together a quick attempt, this is using a plane in front of the display set as a diffuse lighting material, then turned the plane invisible. There may be a better method, but this way is pretty simple  ;) Hope it helps!

NDenekamp

If you have the texture already applied to the screen, go ahead and edit the material. Change the material shader type to 'emissive'.

It will probably be required to adjust your HDRI brightness in the environment tab, to give the illuminated glow of the screen more contrast (like in the picture you linked, the room is dark and the screen looks glowing).

You can then play around with the brightness of the screen material to get the look you want.

Also on the settings tab under 'Effects' you can enable 'bloom' to add a slight slowing effect around the screen as well.

Hope that helps

N

NDenekamp

Quote from: richardfunnell on June 27, 2013, 11:48:09 AM
Hi Peter,

I put together a quick attempt, this is using a plane in front of the display set as a diffuse lighting material, then turned the plane invisible. There may be a better method, but this way is pretty simple  ;) Hope it helps!

Nice method, as it gives much more of an illumination to the surroundings! But the screen doesn't look like it's 'on' so maybe a combination of these would create very realistic effect:  Select the screen with texture applied, change to emissive.  Then duplicate the geometry and move a fraction forward. Unlink material and change the front one to 'area light diffuse', adjust brightness, and make it invisible to camera.

Niels

richardfunnell

Good call, I think you're exactly right! Juggling the settings on both should get the desired look  :)

Richard

Gis80s

Hi,

Thx for your helps. It's works....i think that looks great! :)
What do you think?

Peter (Hungary)

1920px

TpwUK

Looks good at first view, but then there's no light reflect on the screen like there is on the frame that runs from activate button travelling up the left edge, other than that it looks mighty fine to me

Gis80s

...and now...better? :)

Peter

TpwUK

Looks much better and shows the use of an emitter very nicely

Martin

guest84672

Gis80s