Main Menu

V12 innards

Started by Chad Holton, June 28, 2013, 06:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

GIF animation (may take a moment to load) using frames from a VR showing the toon material.

PhilippeV8

Nice one  ;D

Only the gear in the center/bottom seems to "jump".

Is it normal to have 4 valves / cilinder ?
And, from what I can see, the top valves opens when the cilinder moves away, to let fuel in it .. right ?  Then the bottom valces open when the cilinder moves towards them, to push fumes out.  Is that correct ?  But then, when dus the "explosion" take place ?

Chad Holton

Thanks man! I think I have the cams going too fast, it should probably be a 2:1 ratio or something. Maybe it should be in the "Not So Amazing Animations".  ;D

Forgot to mention - You can grab the base model here: http://grabcad.com/library/ferrari-v12-5-7-lt-engine

guest84672

richardfunnell

Ed

That's pretty neat, and good use of animated GIF.

Normally when I read "animated GIF" I think of the Internet, circa 1997.  Old timers will know what I mean  8)

Ed

Chad Holton

Thanks guys!

@Ed - I must not be old enough.  ;)

PhilippeV8

Hardly an old-timer ... yet I know what  you mean .. only 16y ago .. seems like yesteryear :p

@Chad ... realy ?? :p

Chad Holton

Detox

Awesome Chad wow!

Did you use some cinematic features in CAD and then transfered it into Keyshot via Plugin?

I am interested in this. Kind regards  :)

Chad Holton

Thanks, Detox!  :)

It was created in Creo 2 with mechanism and transferred over to KeyShot with the plugin. Here's the animation of it I created originally:

https://youtu.be/R3C9ZUlbkTk

There are some questions and answers there too.

Chad

Justin M

Nice, I like the youtube animation. would love to see some fluids/explosions when the pistons hit. Good job!

Will Gibbons

Every time I see something rendered or animated with Toon material I remember I want to try it out! This is no exception. Nice use of the gif. I personally love using them to add a turntable or something at the end of a portfolio piece. Thanks for sharing!