KeyShot Toon Challenge W.I.P.

Started by DriesV, July 01, 2013, 03:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Here's a non-Toon version. Just for the fun of it.
Now starting to think about the track...

Dries

Chad Holton

Looking good! Really like the metallic paint on the last images too.  8)

DriesV

Another metallic paint shot.

Dries

DriesV

I did some testing to simulate the dynamics of my avatar ball.
I tried it on a curved wheel...

It does require careful application/timing of multiple animations. Quite time consuming... :)
The other purpose of this test was to see if the avatar would look better on a rotating wheel than a beach ball. :D

Dries

KeyShot

TpwUK

+1 for the rotating wheel Dries

Martin

guest84672

Speedster

Gotta be a wheel!  Like a hamster.  Or a CG artist on a deadline!  What's scary is that they have "character"-  man, you have a winner here for a feature film!
Bill G

DriesV

Okay, I finally found a flexible approach (easy to adapt and configurable dimensions) to modeling the track and boobytrap sections. I'm now using subassemblies for the track sections, as well as for the boobytrap 'zones'.
The gray cut-up wheel is the base part from which I have saved out split bodies that serve as a template for the track and boobytrap sections. Quick 'n dirty, but I prefer this approach over top-down modeling to get things done as quickly as possible while still having easy to manage models. (Maybe it's me, but often me and in-context modelling in assemblies in SolidWorks don't get along too well...)

Here are some reults of initial testing.

btw, this video works better in loop. ;D

Dries

Arian Shamil

Amazing work!!!!! It's really a super work! It's really nice! :)

TpwUK

DriesV

What's a doody??

I sniffed around on urban dictionary and it didn't smell too nice. ;D

Dries

TpwUK

Sorry Dries ... Dudey gives my spell checker the burps - Dudie does too so it must be doody ... hmmmm that does now too  :-\ .... It means it looks cool  :D

Martin

DriesV

Quote from: TpwUK on July 04, 2013, 12:20:46 AM
Sorry Dries ... Dudey gives my spell checker the burps - Dudie does too so it must be doody ... hmmmm that does now too  :-\ .... It means it looks cool  :D

Martin

Ah OK, thanks then! :)

Btw, I decided on a name for my animation.

***LEVEL 666***
Wheel of the Misfortunates

Dries

PhilippeV8

Misfortunates ... hmmz ... that's not a good title to try to win a contest !  :P ;D

But you're on a roll .. don't let me stop ya  ;)