KeyShot Toon Challenge W.I.P.

Started by DriesV, July 01, 2013, 03:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

It does indeed - A fine choice sir - lol

Martin

feher

This is very impressive ! I tip my hat to you my friend !
You have raised the bar. I need to catch up.
It's a keeper !
Tim

Speedster

So I was at SIGGRAPH yesterday.  I wish you could have seen the crowds that formed every time the KeyShot Team ran it on the monster monitor!  They even applauded when it was finished!  Hit of the show, my friend!
Bill G

DriesV

Thanks, Tim! ;)

Bill, WOW! :o
I would indeed have loved to see that. So did they show it with the sound or the mute base animation?

Dries

Speedster

Muted.  And rather bright, as is common on those large monitors in a show environment.  And EvilMaul was there as well.  Folks really did a double take when they saw his awesome self-portrait on the screen, then turned around to see him standing there.  Funny to watch!  I will say that KeyShot had one of the best displays at the show, and it was always packed.
Bill G

DriesV

Just for fun...

A very very angry avatar.
And a very sad avatar.
;D
Used rounded edge on tire with radius value of 2. It works surprisingly well.

Dries

TpwUK

Drowsy blue and Hyper Red - They look cool Dries :)

Martin

Josh3D

Congrats on winning the render challenge for best animation Dries!

DriesV

Thanks, Josh!
I had a LOT of fun making it and I learned quite a few( animation) tricks along the way. Winning the challenge is the perfect icing on my animation cake. ;D

Btw,
Extra special thanks to Ed, who provided the hint to add lasers.
The 'laser gun' boobytrap (#9 out of 10) actually turned out to be one of the most exciting traps! (in my opinion...)

Dries

lams

@Dries Hi there,

I see that this topic is probably long dead, but I also see a pretty nice basic laser beam.  Would you be able to describe the steps you took to create this effect? 

Thanks!

DriesV

I believe these were the settings I used for the lasers. The beams are long, thin cylinders.
The most important thing is to make sure 'Visible in Shadows' is unchecked. Otherwise the 'laser beam' will cast a shadow. :)

Dries