Flexing Surface

Started by eon_designs, March 07, 2013, 08:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eon_designs

Hello All

Hopefully this is possible, but I have the feeling that I am just asking too much of the software:

Is it possible to make a thin surface flex in an animation. For example - think of a plank of wood suspended between two points and dropping a ball on the middle. It is easy to animate the ball bouncing, but what I also need is to make the surface that it is hitting also flex.

Any thoughts? Is it possible in Keyshot, or do I have to go back to Alias instead :-(

Thanks in advance.

guest84672

This is not possible inside KeyShot at the moment.

eon_designs

Thanks - that's what I thought.

You said "at the moment"? Is it something that is planned for the future?

As a work around I will just have to alter the model and import it frame by frame - as I am only dealing with about a second worth of motion it will just mean individually rendering 25 frames or so.

orion20036

Hello, I am new to keyshot and the forum but I have a solution that may work if file size is not a problem.

(1) create multiple components such as your plank example in various stages of being deformed in your modelling software, each on a separate layer.

(2) In Keyshot, hide all the parts of the various stages of the deformed plank, then show each of the deformed stages as your progress through the frames of your animation. You will of course have to also hide the previous deformed stage part as well.

I am not sure if you can show and hide a part during animation though, as I am only just exploring the possibilities myself in Keyshot 4.1.

Hope this is of some help!.

Michael C Geraghty