Porsche 987.1 Cayman S

Started by yotah1, July 02, 2013, 02:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

Darn you're quick at this, it takes me a month to follow a poly tutorial that's supposed to take 2 hours ... And you have style too!

Martin

yotah1

Ahah thanks :)

Well it's a part of my job so I better be good at it :D

Done the steering wheel and some other bits.

guest84672

Josh3D

Just gorgeous. The detail is going to look fabulous.

yotah1

Yeah, opposite of my face right now after two days of non stop work on it  ;D

mattdesign

Amazing work! I'm blown away watching how fast you are modeling all these intricate parts. Are you eye-balling the measurements, or working from spec? Either way, it looks amazing.

:D

yotah1

I got the main specs from some members on the Planet-9 forum, they were kind enough to take photos of their cars for me and measure some stuff. The rest is mostly just by looking at photos.

Gis80s

yotah1

Many things done today, small but time consuming elements : stitching of the dash and doors, positioning of the doors as opened and closed, rubber door joint, door sills inner and outer with trunk and latch opening buttons, roll bar built to specs from Heigo Motorsport, rework of the front bumper as the central intake didn't satisfy me...

I still have to do hopefully tonight the seatbelts and harnesses, center console with shifter and e brake, pedals, gt3 air vent on the top of the front bumper. Then, export all to Keyshot and work on the different buttons / gauges / bump map textures for everything!

mattdesign

Quote from: yotah1 on July 17, 2013, 02:36:09 PM
I got the main specs from some members on the Planet-9 forum, they were kind enough to take photos of their cars for me and measure some stuff. The rest is mostly just by looking at photos.

You have keen eyes for getting the proportion correctly! Thanks for sharing these WIP shots, it's very exciting to see the project come together right before our eyes.

Matt

yotah1

I've done a quick render to test out some textures, it needs work, a lot of work...
I still have a few bits to model but about 98% is here.

Click for HD :

Adam_M

simply jaw dropping stuff here.

guest84672

Great detail. But the roll cage needs to be painted black ;-).

yotah1

Actually I like the fact that it's in white, makes a contrast with the full black of the rest of the car. But right now, I've got other things to deal with and changing it's paint colour is quite easy so maybe I'll do it later.

yotah1