Porsche 987.1 Cayman S

Started by yotah1, July 02, 2013, 02:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotah1

One of the wheel options is now modeled.

Oz Superforgiata.

Next up in the dashboard and center console. After, I'll have to get cracking on the lamps, and modify a couple of things on the body and I should be good to render. Starting to get pretty heavy right now!!!

Speedster

The rework on the wing is very subtle, but it really pops now!  It seems in balance, if that makes sense.  We're all looking forward to the renders!
Bill g

yotah1

Yeah I think it looks much better with the new supports for the wing. It doesn't look so far out of the global volume of the car, much better integrated.

I'm doing some renders today, even though the dash is not modeled, I can't help myself :)
Anybody know where I could find an HDRI 360

yotah1

Click on it for HD :)

yotah1

Speedster

One thing I now find disturbing is the really small clearance between the rear wheels and the fender.  I know one target in many auto designs is an essentially or actual concentricity between the wheel and opening.
Bill G

yotah1

Yes, but that's when you build a normal production car for the road. This is a track toy, hence the lower ground clearance and much smaller suspension travel. I simply based my design on the measurements from Napleton Racing who races several Cayman racecars in the Cayman Interseries in US. Apparently the inner wheel arches go quite deep, allowing for a massive drop compared to stock :)
And this way, you actually get a proper aerodynamic benefit from the flat undertray of the car  :D

Speedster

Ah- I forgot about the short suspension travel- and I well remember the kidney-killing Morgan!
Bill G

yotah1

I got on the dashboard (this part should be finished tonight).

It remains for me to do two vents on top, digging the location for the gauge cluster, put the lights and key stuff, and the chrono (this one will be annoying...).

Then I come down on the vertical part of the center console with all the buttons and mess, then the part between the seats that will take time too.
Finally I will make the steering wheel, because it is boring and I do not want to get on it, and the sun visors and ceiling lights.

It remains for me to do the belts and harnesses, pedals, the rollbar, the headlights and tail lights.

guest84672

yotah1

More work done tonight on the dash with the clusters and some other details.

yotah1

The dash is getting there ...

yotah1

TpwUK

Looking good ... Keep it coming

Martin

Speedster

I disagree, Martin- it's looking GREAT!
Bill G