Porsche 987.1 Cayman S

Started by yotah1, July 02, 2013, 02:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotah1

Thanks guys :)

The tail lamp was a bit of a struggle as I tried several options to end up with this one, which is actually fully modeled inside-out and has an intermediate surface between the glass and the chromed bezels to put a wave textured glass to get the proper render.
Just one thing really bothers me like hell : Keyshot 3 is definitely not good with emitting lights, and Keyshot 4 is just way to expensive for me to jump on it. I keep fighting with that  >:(

guest84672

KeyShot 4 is not any more expensive then KeyShot 3. Plus you can always upgrade, and only pay a fraction of the cost.

yotah1

Yeah but I got my KS 3 when I was still student and paid it quite cheap. now that I am not student anymore, the price, even just to upgrade, is not the same :(

But I always find a way to work my way around things so I'll find a way to make the lights work :)

Another render, more in detail to test on one wheel.

Not yet happy with many things on this picture :

i will change the disc's center part, this one just doesn't look very cool
i will change the caliper for a real Porsche caliper
i must find a way to put some brake dust in there, on both the disc center element and the caliper (maybe some scratches on the caliper's paint too?
i'm not fully happy with the rim's texture, i will definitely end up doing my own to really get the result i want.

But it's getting there...

Speedster

And don't let anybody talk you into rotating the wheels and logos!  Every high-end auto pro photogs I know jack up the car a bit and line up the wheels to be "true", as they call it.  For studio (and some outdoor shots), they also dim the lamps to like 6 volts, which gives a nice glow without flare or flash-out.  This is going to be one seriously stunning work, and thanks so much for sharing the progress!
Bill G

TpwUK

Now, now Bill, calm down, it's not finished yet, when it's done i might promote it to Awesome, Fantastic, Amazing, Great or even Phenomenal  ::)

Martin

yotah1

Headlamps are done (click for HD):

guest84672

Starting to look really great.

EGON

Now it's time to make a great picture.

yotah1

Not yet :)  I still have tons of things to models and textures to prepare...

guest84672

For one, you need a steering wheel ... ;-)

yotah1

Steering wheel, and the comodos for the wipers, turn signal and so on, all the center console with the sat nav and all aircon buttons, lower console with gear shifter, handbrake, glovebox, the half rollcage also, then I still have the clutch/brake/throttle pedals, door sills, door and window rubber joint (crucial for the "open doors" renders I want to do), seatbelts and harnesses, sun visors and overhead lights also, some mods to the front bumper, re-design the front carbon splitter as I don't like it anymore, hood emblem, 5 or 6 others sets of wheels that i want to try on, and finally model the proper Cayman brake calipers as the current ons are Brembos from another brand (and 6 pot calipers are not Cayman fitted in real life...).

That should be all  :o

guest84672

That should keep you busy for another day or so ... ;-). Can't wait to see the final result.

yotah1

Hopefully I can finish it within a week but I've got other projects to work on at the same time so it's slowing me down for the Cayman :(

And holidays are coming quickly...

Josh3D

I keep checking back for more on this! Can't wait to see this complete! Especially the interior!!

yotah1