Main Menu

Inspection Tools

Started by Speedster, July 21, 2010, 05:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Responding to a number of requests, I'm finally posting some of my projects on TurboSquid (search GouldStudios), which inspired me to finish out my collection of "Inspection Tools", which I'll post this week.  I use many of them as props in client renderings to show scale and add interest.

They are modeled in SolidWorks from the actual measuring tools I use in my shop, and rendered, of course, in KeyShot2.

The pink granite surface plate material is from CGTextures.  The various metals are heavily tweaked KS materials.  There's a subtle difference between the metals, and I'm still looking for a good "surface ground" finish to photograph.  The green transfer stand base and slider is the basic KS "green", with a re-scaled "asphalt" bumpmap.

The second image is the HDR called "Industrial", included in SolidWorks.  Not a backplate.  SW has a number of great HDR's, but you have to have SW to access them.  The next image is "the shop"- not mine, but it could be.  It's actually a shot I took at the Henry Ford Museum.

Gotta love KeyShot!

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

Ed

Very nice - props make the scene.

I've been meaning to model an analog dial caliper as a prop.  I see you have a digital one on the granite block.

It would be great to see some additional metal finish materials in the library, although yours look very good.

I know exactly the surface-ground finish you're talking about.  Have a 3.5" floppy disk and a macro lens?  The metal slider on the floppy is a pretty good surface ground finish.

Ed