ProE plugin not working

Started by joba, July 10, 2013, 05:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joba

Hi all,

I get the error "Version unknown" when trying to register protk.dat in ProE.
I am using following versions:
ProE WF5 M170
keyshot_floating_w64_4.1.35.exe
keyshot4_wildfire564_plugin_2.2.exe

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
JoBa

Chad Holton

Hi JoBa,

Are you running 64 bit ProE? If you're not sure, try installing the 32 bit plugin. Let us know how it goes.

Chad

joba

Hi Chad,

thanks for your quick response.

We are running ProE WF5 64bit.

Additionally I have installed
keyshot4_wildfire5_plugin_2.0.exe
But this plugin gives me the same error.

Please see attachment for my errors.

JoBa

joba

one more info:

I have copied manually the folder C:\Program Files\KeyShot4 Floating\Plugins\Pro Engineer 5.0 64bit
to my pc. On my pc protk can be registered and started!

So do I have a local problem on some pcs?
VisualC++ and .NET is installed. Do I need any environment variables or registry keys?

Chad Holton

Thanks for the screenshots and more information. I'm talking with our plugin guru on this one and he mentioned that no environment variables or registry keys are needed to load the plugin. Curious what the difference is between the computer that is working and the one that is not - Are they both running the exact same OS/KS4/WF5? Do you have full (admin) rights on the non working PC? Anything else that you can think that may be an issue? I have seen in the past where a spaceball, touchscreen monitor, Wacom device, etc. will makes things act oddly sometimes.

joba

Hi Chad,

I could fix it with reinstalling/updating components from Visual C++(2005,2008,2010) and .NET (3.5, 4.0).
It was definitely not enough to install keyshot+plugin (with integrated VisualC++ component).

It was very annoying because it took me several hours to find this solution.
My local reseller, Luxion Support and Keyshot Forum could not help me with this!

JoBa

Chad Holton

Sorry, it's hard to find a quick solution sometimes with so many hardware/software configurations.

Thanks for the feedback.

Chad

SBaty

JoBA,
Can you be specific is telling me what redistributables you needed to re-install to fix your problem.  I am seeing the same messages on some systems here.

Thanks,
Steven

Chrishan

Ahoi ,

please try my Explanation in the other thread:
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6456.msg30800.html#msg30800

Maybe this will solve your Problem!

Have a nice Weekend
Chrishan

Chrishan