Material link issues

Started by kdoan84, July 11, 2013, 01:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdoan84

Hi,

Im having issues with material linking in keyshot 4.1, never had this problem in keyshot 4.

I have 2 parts and want each part to have different materials, but no matter how many times choose unlink materials, theyre still link.

Please help, very frustrating.

Thanks,
Kevin

guest84672

Are the parts on different layers? If not, do they have different colors?

kdoan84

Theyre on the same layer in rhino with different names for material.
The thing is if I import 2 of the same model, one would unlink but the other one wouldnt. Very odd...

guest84672

Can you share the scene with us so we can take a look? Send directly to me - thomas@luxion.com. If it is too big to send use keyshot.wetransfer.com.

Thanks.

kdoan84

Another thing I noticed is that when Importing the same file into keyshot 3, then layer's name remain what I've given it in rhino.
In keyshot 4 they become "Default"

as shown:

guest84672

Are you using KeyShot 4.1? Also, are you using the plugin or the direct importer? In either case this has been addressed.

kdoan84

Im using 4.1 direct import.

guest84672

In your example all objects must reside on the DEFAULT layer, and are broken out by color. All layer names, order, including sublayers are maintained perfectly in 4.1

kdoan84

I will give it another try...Thanks

kdoan84

Hi I'm still having the same material linking issue.

It happen when I import a new model with Retain Materials checked, some parts get linked together with others and won't unlink.