Several Issues

Started by id8designer, July 16, 2013, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

id8designer

I am running SolidWorks 2012 - a floating license. I am also running KeyShot4 - a floating license.

I have a model with 12 parts (looks like a hand drill with accessories) that was created in SW. It was clowned and imported into KS. Rendered out beautifully. Then I had to add one more accessory.

1st Issue. When I used live link (update), the new accessory came in but I get multiple copies of some of the other parts. Not all, but just some of the parts. When I opened the model tree and the individual parts I could see and delete the duplicates. The duplicates had also taken on differnt materials from the list of materials I had applied. One half had orginally had Hard Rough Black applied and the new duplicate was Hard Shiney White (used on another part).

@nd Issue. When i selected a part or assembly in the model tree and right vlicked to MOVE the part or assembly, the triade appeared by when I grabbed a handle, the part would not move (Local or Global) nor would it rotate.

Anyone had these same issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

keaneray

Hi id8designer,

I have encountered the same problem as your 1st issue. I wrote a post here recently but got no reply. http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6364.0.html. I think there is definitely an issue with live linking and SolidWorks. I'm running KS 4.1 and SW13 SP2.0. I have found it only works with single parts or small assemblies.

Ray