camera setup

Started by jbeau, July 10, 2013, 09:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeau

I'm having a tough time making a smooth camera that looks similar to:
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/legacy/vehicles/gallery?class=C&bodystyle=SDN#/class-C/bodystyle-SDN/section-0/tout-15/type-richmedia/autoPlay-true

I've got the camera pretty close, but it looks clunky as it transitions from orbit to zoom, translation or inclination. I've been playing with ease curves which helps but a slight camera hitch its still noticeable in most transtions. Its probably my setup, but honestly I'm super frustrated with how Keyshot handles cameras:( It should work with as a bezier curve with editable keyframes which has an editable look at target point. The target point should be animatable. Having to select a pivot without typing in the transforms or using an objects true center is just a band-aid solution.

My apologizes for the criticism, but I think the camera system needs an overhaul. Unless of course you are just doing simple orbits around an object, but when it has to be something specific it comes short. I believe a live link to 3dsmax could be a solution. I'm so excited to use Keyshot for my latest production needs but this right now this is a show stopper.

If anyone could be of assistance it would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jbeau

jbeau

Figured it out:D I wrote a max script that creates a camera for every keyframe and names it the corresponding keyframe number. Then export as a bip. Once loaded I have to load every camera into the queue. I have an immediate need for an option within KS that will allow the user to load all camera's into the render queue automatically. Is this something that can be done fairly quickly? Maybe from the scene tab, select the cameras you want and then an option to; "send all or selected cameras to Render queue."

Thinking of writing a script...
So the q.XML file stores the path info, and the *.ext is the full scene to be rendered. I need to find a way to parse each camera active position and direction from my master file, then create a unique image output that  corresponds to the camera name. This name will then be written to the q.XML. Then launch Keyshot and all my cameras should be loaded.

jbeau

Baked animation from above screengrab as a quick test.

TpwUK

Nice, video speed needs slowing to appreciate it more

Martin

jbeau

Hi Martin,
yes it needs more frames. Here's another one with a more interesting movement.

TpwUK

Cool beans Jbeau, I would conclude that the technique works ... :P

Martin

jbeau

It does. I'm not sure why, but I can no longer record autoscriptWriter to Keyshot. Thomas, do you know why? The spy window shows the application is active just isn't recording. I wanted to create a script that loads all the cameras:(

guest84672

No idea. Henrik or Claus would know.

jbeau

thanks Thomas:D
Is there anything that can be done with creating an option that loads all cameras into queue?

PS. I got the macro recorder working, I just needed to update it.