Problem with Procedural Wood

Started by Speedster, July 17, 2013, 06:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

For some reason I cannot get Procedural Wood to take.  All I get is a basic color, and no adjustments of any kind have any effect.  Shown is the default DnD screen.  Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?
Bill G

NormanHadley

Hi Bill

Have you tried manually setting the scale to something outrageously small? I sometimes have to set texture scales to 0.001 because I think there's a mix-up somewhere with m and mm.

Speedster

Thanks, Norm.  Here it is with scale set at .001. Still no luck.   Units are mm.  Makes no difference as to what the units are, tho-
Bill G

guest84672

If anything, it would be the scale parameter that need to be adjusted.

NormanHadley

Hi Bill

Well, at least you've got some texture now, even if it's a marquetry Battenberg cake. Maybe twiddle the scale the other way, ie make it huge?

Speedster

Nothing works.  Neither wood, granite, marble or leather.  Marble sort of works.
Bill G

Robb63

Di you import the data, or use live linking to bring it it?
I had some texture scale issues a couple weeks ago with live linking.

Speedster

Live Linking with the SolidWorks importer.  Just tried a direct DnD into a fresh .bip and it works fine!  Good tip, and something the KS Team needs to look at.
Bill G

guest84672

I think I know what the issue is. It is based on the scale when using the plugin.

NormanHadley

Hi Thomas. I think it might be similar to the problem I've been having with texture scales. I'm using Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,5931.0.html

guest84672

Yes - we know what the issue is. It will be fixed.