Network render loses materials

Started by 3D Off the Page, September 16, 2013, 07:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D Off the Page

When sending a job to our render farm the final image is missing it's materials.  More precisely any bump or color maps.  The image in the properties tab contains the correct maps but the preview and final images do not.  Is there any fix for this?

Brandon Davis

Which version of network rendering are you using? You can find the version number within the network rendering queue, under "Help" -> "About".

3D Off the Page

I'm not at that computer right now.

I also found that adding a render to the local pc queue gave me the same results.

What I'm thinking is that the layout is very large (airport size) and that it is only happening on the items that were scaled down considerably.  So on the main screen the materials were scaled to .001 or smaller to make them look right on the ground.  When doing the queue or network render the scale seems to be what is messing it up.  I tested it quickly last night at 1am and found that by changing the scale back to 1 for one of the materials it started to get some texture/color map to it.

Is there a way to reset the scale of an entire project 1 after it has been assembled?

thanks

Steve

Al Baldi

Are your images located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 4\Textures ?

If not the render queue will not be able to find them, it only looks in that folder (and any sub folders).

So if the textures are saved to your desktop they'll show up in a local render but not on a queue render.