Keyshot crashes then updating geometry since update

Started by isucollateral, August 02, 2013, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isucollateral

Since the last update keyshot crashes everytime i try and update geometry on parts and assemblies resulting in me having to start from scratch every time.

very frustrating, does anyone have a solution for this?

Kind regards.

Chris Thomas (Design Engineer)

guest84672

Is this through the plugin or when you re-import the model?

Tofelo

The same problem appears here, it happens when I re-import models
(I don't have the plug-in as I work with Solidworks 2010)

sameier

Same here! Old version never crashed, new version did immediately after installation.
SW2013 and newest version of Keyshot I'm using at my work place.
We have switched to extensive Material template use and reimport models instead of updating.

KeyShot

We have a beta of 4.2 that addresses some issues when importing and updating solidworks models. Contact beta@luxion.com if you would like to test it.

isucollateral

yes, its same problem everyone else is having. when i update geometry within keyshot it crashes and closes keyshot, its frustrating because everytime i make minor changes to models i have to set up the environment and materials/textures all over again.

i have over 1000 rendered images to produce before christmas for our companys new website and this is slowing me down greatly.

i need a solution asap, this never happened on version 4.0

Chad Holton

Quote from: isucollateral on October 01, 2013, 06:30:08 AM
yes, its same problem everyone else is having. when i update geometry within keyshot it crashes and closes keyshot, its frustrating because everytime i make minor changes to models i have to set up the environment and materials/textures all over again.

i have over 1000 rendered images to produce before christmas for our companys new website and this is slowing me down greatly.

i need a solution asap, this never happened on version 4.0

Are you using 4.1 or 4.2?

isucollateral

QuoteAre you using 4.1 or 4.2?

4.1, theres no option to download 4.2 from the downloads page, i thought 4.2 was still in Beta?

Chad Holton

Quote from: isucollateral on October 01, 2013, 08:20:12 AM
QuoteAre you using 4.1 or 4.2?

4.1, theres no option to download 4.2 from the downloads page, i thought 4.2 was still in Beta?

Wanted to check and make sure. You have an option to try 4.2 BETA out if you like: http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6747.msg31910.html#msg31910

isucollateral

Thanks, will this replace my current keyshot version or will it run as a separate program?

Chad Holton

isucollateral

4.2 beta lets me update geometry however it does not fix my import problem where it does not carry over the detail.

please see attached, you can see the dimples on the top of the lever in the SW model but in keyshot 1/3rd are missing?

How can i fix this?

Kind regards.

maymay

Jukkis