Main Menu

Laurel and Hardy

Started by JerryG, August 02, 2013, 01:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryG

Hi there, here my version of great comedians Laurel and Hardy.
I use Zbrush+Keyshot. Hope you like a bit.

TpwUK

Yeah, they are good!

Martin

DriesV

Wow! Perfect capture of character!

Love the blue 'key light'.

Dries

abedsabeh

Speedster

Ditto all of the above!  Great sculpture, and perfect likenesses!

My wife, Geri, is a sculptor, and she's (and I) getting interested in digital sculpting.  I notice that many on the Forum use Zbrush.  I've also heard it's a rather steep learning curve.  We're both computer savvy, but, be honest, how difficult is it to learn?  She's interested in it primarily for bas-relief.  You can see her work @ www.GouldStudios.com.

Thanks, and these will be a joy to see fully rendered!

Bill G

JerryG

thanks for all coments  ;D

now zbrush is the key for digital sculpting, zbrush is very intuitive and relative easy to learn! lets say easier as other 3d packs!
looks around on web there you can find tons of great tutorials -

jerry

Speedster

Thanks, Jerry!  "My" Geri is already prowling the net.
Bill G

guest84672

I have to say though if you come from a more traditional CAD background ZBrush seems pretty tough to grasp as far as logic goes.

Speedster

I agree, Thomas.  But Geri's not logical- you know that!
Bill G

guest84672

Are women ever? ;-)

I'm fully prepared for any kind of hate mail from our female forum members ...

JerryG

he he theres a lot of difference between cad construction and freehand zbrush sculpting, if you use zbrush you need wacom tablet.

edwardo

Download Sculptris. It's free, simple, and does a pretty good job....zero learning curve!

Zbrush, is its big brother, and is probably derived from some kind of logic, but one which eludes me. Forget every interface of every cad app you've used before using z brush. But ultimately loads of people swear by zbrush, and it certainly can do a lot for the price.

Josh3D

Hey Jerry, great sculpts! I love the material work and the two-tone black & white feel you gave them. spot on.