Main Menu

Folder knife

Started by magnumpi, July 24, 2010, 01:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumpi

Think these came out pretty good. Keyshot is just awesome tool

Ed

I really like #3.  Great shadows and integration with other elements in the scene.

It's done so well I'm curious how #3 was put together.  Are the patches and cloth a backplate?

Also on #2, the point disappearing into the sand.  Is that some PS work?

This type of integration is something I need to learn because it adds so much to the realism.

Ed

Robert V.

#2, I guess it's the model with the point removed.

magnumpi

thank you, I really appreciate your positive response. To answer your questions, yes, both in #1 & #2 the tip was erased in PS as PredatorKS said. #3 patch and cloth is backplate picture. I was surprised how little tweaking it took to make this pictures. Seems if you have good backplate, its hard to screw it up in keyshot (if model is accurate and materials are as they should be). Camera angle was the most "difficult" really and even that didn't take too much time. I am using this program since first hypershot release and it still amazes me how great this program is.

Ed

Thanks for the info.  Many times a backplate looks "off" because of improper scale, perspective, lighting, shadows, or resolution.   But I think you matched it perfectly. Like to see more of your work.

gpaymon

#2 is my Favorite!  Those look really nice!  Where can you buy them at.  I traditionally buy benchmade, but always in the market for something new!

magnumpi

Thanks! Still in early prototype phase, though it will be a tank of a knife. Today they should open new pre-order web site (limited run signed by Robert Young Pelton). He also took the #1 render backplate picture in Somalia.
http://www.dpxgear.com/

magnumpi

One more render of the packaging

gpaymon

How much are they going for?  I don't see any pricing yet?  You can email me at garrett@luxion.com

magnumpi