Best Renders I have ever seen!

Started by diamond, August 14, 2013, 10:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbaillot

Sorry for my English  :-[ . Here is the test I just realized on KS 4.0 with patches on Photoshops CS 6.
Duration=20 min

diamond

Quote from: gbaillot on August 15, 2013, 05:27:15 AM
Sorry for my English  :-[ . Here is the test I just realized on KS 4.0 with patches on Photoshops CS 6.
Duration=20 min

Looks good. Can you share what you did? (Settings? HDR? Background? lighting?).

diamond

Quote from: evilmaul on August 14, 2013, 06:01:02 PM
i am not into this kind of renders but here is my 5 min setup contribution  ;D
interactive render...still noisy..as it needed to run longer but there you go

M

Very clean. Metal looks good diamonds not so great. Can you share what you did? (Settings? HDR? Background? lighting?). Thanks again.

DriesV

Here's my attempt.
There's no dispersion in the gems though...

With 24 ray bounces KeyShot becomes VERY unresponsive if I enable dispersion (abbe above 0) for the gems. :-\
Anyone else getting this too?

Dries

Ed

Dries,

My 12 core PC hangs up if I go beyond 10 ray bounces on the diamond material.  On previous KS versions I could go 24 no problem.  Also my diamond material with KS 4.3.15 is missing the ABBE setting.  Looks like the Gloss setting is affecting dispersion, but in a weird way.  Perhaps I need to to a fresh install rather than an update.

Ed

guest84672

There is a bug, and you will need to switch back to "roughness" in the preferences. This has been fixed in 4.2.

We will look into the performance issues.

Ed

Here's my take on the diamond ring.  Diamond may be a little dark because I can't go above 10 ray bounces when using the diamond material (see posting below).

Ed

evilmaul

in my case i did nothing special..thats why i ve spent only 5 min on it :)
left shaders the same, white background , added ground plane and used  Light Tent White Open 3 2k2.hdz  env...lowering the brightness a bit
thats all

PS: I agree with the ray bounces settings from >12 the computer just dies silently  ;D

jhiker

I'm a novice at jewellery but here's my two penn'orth..!

jhiker

DriesV

Here's the same ring, but this time with white color gems and dispersion.

Dries

diamond

Quote from: DriesV on August 15, 2013, 09:05:42 AM
Here's the same ring, but this time with white color gems and dispersion.

Dries

Thats looks great! Are you willing to let us in one what you did. Did you post edit? Is that a custom HDR?

DriesV

Straight out of KeyShot (no post work).
Started from a black HDRI and added pins in the HDR Editor.

Dries

Robb63

Here's a 5 min setup version I worked on while I was eating lunch.

diamond

Quote from: Robb63 on August 15, 2013, 10:17:39 AM
Here's a 5 min setup version I worked on while I was eating lunch.

I dont think that you would see this render in a magazine, It looks like a five minute render. Does anyone have time to show us how Keyshot can replicate the same render I posted at the beginning of this post? Does anyone know about BunkSpeed?