Animation quality

Started by Rtjk, August 21, 2013, 07:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtjk

Hi guys, Im trying to do a shaver exploded view something like the image i uploaded.
After i set up the timeline and i affirmed that the rotation and etc is all right.
But i can't seem to get a good quality, i always get alot of noises.
I googled around but most of the answer was adjusting the frame, but from what i see, adjusting the frame leads to a long hour rendering is there a shorter way ?

Chad Holton

Hi - This is a loaded question.  ;) It just depends on your settings. Don't do a hi-res unless you really need it. That'll make a huge difference on it's own. Computer horsepower will make a difference as well (of course). I prefer to do max time usually when it comes to animation. Just let it set (at the same resolution size as your wanting to animate) and time how long it takes to res-up to where you like it. Use this time x # of frames and you'll get an idea how long it'll take to render out. If it takes an hour for it to res-up one frame to where you like it, then you may need to look at your preference settings. Hope this helps.

Rtjk

I've around 73 frames, if I need a high resolution one, how much seconds per frame do I need to have.

Chad Holton

Really depends on your computer/material/settings. I would test one image in max time using the resolution you want - put the setting at two hours, keep an eye on it (it will show the time processes in the top left) and once your happy with it, make a note of the time and stop the rendering. Now use this time for each frame.

Rtjk

Okay, tried. Thanks btw. Getting a high resolution for each frame is quite difficult if you got quite a number of frame.

Rtjk

Chad, can you help me with this.
I done one animation, but it's somehow awful as you can see.
Is there anyway to make it better , i lowered the resolution to 640 x 429. 15 fps, 6 second per frame.
Any idea how do i improve the picture quality ?

Chad Holton

So, six seconds per frame rendering time? If so, I would let it render at least for a few minutes or so per frame.

Rtjk

How do i set it to few mins per frame, the max i can go in 30 seconds.

Here's the quality for 30 seconds per frame.

Rtjk

I get what you mean alr, thanks for the help !