Coming Soon: Cyborg Design from Eat3D

Started by Michael Pedro, August 22, 2013, 06:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Pedro

Coming soon! My long-in-development creature design dvd is finally here (-ish). Will update as more information is released.

Alchemy + Photoshop + ZBrush + Keyshot.

Chad Holton

Josh3D

Whoa. Very nice, congrats! You'll need to post some of your renders!

Speedster

QuoteYou'll need to post some of your renders!

I think he just did!  Nice job!  Does it focus on a specific app, or is it generic?
Bill G

feher

Congrats ! Can't wait to see more work from you !
Tim

Michael Pedro

Quote from: Speedster on August 23, 2013, 12:11:40 PM
Does it focus on a specific app, or is it generic?

The focus is on using tools such as ZBrush and Keyshot to achieve high quality concept art, from a production-centric POV.  In this case, the example is specifically creature design, but the general principles could apply to any area of design.

Michael Pedro

TpwUK

This type of artwork is amazing and leaves me struggling for words, where do you guys get the ideas from for these types of models ?

Michael Pedro

Haha, thanks.  To be honest, inspiration for this kind of thing comes from everywhere.  In the case of this specific design, I was definitely drawing upon my affinity for the 90's era McFarlane "ultra action" figures (the creatures and robots), as well as the more twisted constructs of, say, Epic / id Software games.

guest84672

Absolutely fantastic. Are you using the plugin for ZBrush yet?

Josh3D

Great shots! The character detail is excellent. Sounds like a very good dvd. Definitely keep us updated!

Michael Pedro

Quote from: Thomas Teger on August 26, 2013, 06:14:15 AM
Absolutely fantastic. Are you using the plugin for ZBrush yet?

Unfortunately no; I read about the new plugin via the Keyshot Facebook page, but I have yet to try it.  I thought it was in some sort of closed beta?  Or is it available already?

guest84672

It is still in beta, but I can give you access to it. Please send a mail to beta@luxion.com.

Michael Pedro

Quote from: Thomas Teger on August 26, 2013, 08:34:00 AM
It is still in beta, but I can give you access to it. Please send a mail to beta@luxion.com.

Sounds great!  I'll contact you this weekend.  I'm trying to integrate zbrush into every aspect of my concept production process, so the easier it is to pull work into keyshot for presentation and final renders, the better.  Thanks!