Main Menu

SLS AMG

Started by Adam K, August 25, 2013, 03:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam K

Hello,

I would like to show you a piece that I did, it is far from being realistic, that was not a goal anyway. I discovered this amazing renderer few months ago and now I almost talked my boss to buy Keyshot for a company that I work in. I am about to show him a presentation in a few weeks and hopefully all of our designers will be using Keyshot for most of their projects. Anyway I will not enjoy Keyshot so much as I will be left with the complicated stuff that needs to be done in Vray.

Chad Holton

Looking good so far. I would add some motion blur to the tires and a driver as well.  ;)

What kind of complicated stuff are you rendering in vray?

Adam K

Yeah I forgot to blur that tires, also I did plan that interior to be barely visible, so I was not thinking about adding a driver at all, I had not enough spare time for this project so these errors occured.

By the complicated stuff I mean huge glass sculptures (things like 40m2 surface covered by tiny glass components of various colors and finishes like bubbles, frosting etc). There is a lot of ray bouncing which slows down Keyshot a lot and there is no option to change the exit color, which would be very helpfull. Also there is a lot of things that needs to be faked, like some self ilumination, adjusting lights to affect certain parts only etc. Another thing is that I usualy need to work with are light sources, without axial views and layers I simply cannot manage 50-100light sources. By my opinion a direct integration into 3DS max viewport will be an incredible improvement of Keyshot.