Best import method

Started by Scorch, February 26, 2010, 09:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorch

We run Pro/e and Solidworks here. I have had no issues using Solidworks assemblies with KeyShot. Using Pro/e assemblies that is another story altogether. I understand a fix will be forth coming for this, but in the mean time how is everybody else importing Pro/e assemblies (successfully) into KeyShot. I have used the OBJ file type with some success. The less hoops I have to jump thru the better. Any tips will be appreciated.

guest84672

STEP is probably best for now.

We are now fully set up as PTC Partner. We have all our licenses in place and started work on the plugin!

I will give an update next week!

Thomas

Chad Holton

Quote from: Thomas Teger on February 26, 2010, 03:31:41 PM

We are now fully set up as PTC Partner. We have all our licenses in place and started work on the plugin!

I will give an update next week!

Thomas

Sweet!!!

Tim

Great news... Thanks for the update.

guest84672

Scorch

I have attempted to use a STP from Pro/e with no luck. Our assemblies are fairly large and it seems that everytime I import the STP into KeyShot it hangs-up. An example of a typical assembly is the manure spreader that I posted last week. Any help until the Pro/e plug-in is ready would be greatly appreciated.

guest84672

I think this is related to the fact that the importers are currently only 32bit. We should have 64bit importers shortly.

Sam

The 64bit importers are great news!

We had the same issue that a Pro/E step could make the PC hang. (Z800 with 12gb ram...)

A tip, we did let the pc import for a whole day and once the BIP file was made we had no trouble opening and editting the scene.

so curious to hear development with the Pro/e importer! (that did work very nicely in HS)

hagey

I am running WF4 and find that a direct export to wavefront.obj seems to import nicely into KEYSHOT.

guest84672

The plugin will work even better. Got the first version yesterday. Work like a charm!

Tim

Great news... Are you still working on retain materials for direct Pro/E import?

Thanks

Sam

Thomas,

Are we talking about a WF5 plugin? (the WF4 did work in WF5 but was a little detour to get there :-))

looking forward!

guest84672

We will have the plugin for WF3, 4, and 5.

Tim, as far as "retain materials" goes - yes! We are working on this for v2 - needs a complete overhaul.