Renders produce patchy spots of light

Started by blessid, September 02, 2013, 09:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blessid

Hey everyone,

I am fairly new to KeyShot and am still getting used to it. I am currently working on a scene to render a stool i have designed. I was having trouble replicating a good realistic looking floor, so i decided to download an Arroway wood floor texture. The texture is great, however, when i use the included reflectivity map, no matter how i adjust the parameters, and no matter what camera angle i use, i end up with patchy spots of light all over my scene (see attached image).

It would be great if i could get some input/a solution for this soon as I'm working on these images to update my portfolio prior to completing a few internship and job applications.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

DriesV

How did you render that image? Advanced settings?
If so, do you get the same results using the max. time/samples render methods?

Care to share your scene (ksp package)?

Dries

blessid

Hey Dries,

Yes the original was produced using advanced settings. I have just run a test on both max time and max samples and produce similar results, though overall the latter two options do show less spots of light...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Luke

DriesV

Hmm, hard to tell.
Have you enabled focused caustics maybe?

It would really help if you uploaded a package of your scene here. (File > Save Package...)

Dries

blessid

Hey Dries,

I would have no idea if focused caustics is active, nor how I would find out! Within the render settings (advanced control) the caustic parameter is set to the minimum if that helps?
I have created a package of the scene as you requested but it is nearly a GB thus will not upload!

Thanks for all you help so far!
Luke

Chad Holton

blessid

Hey Chad,

The scene should be with you now. Thanks in advance for your help!

All the best,
Luke

Chad Holton

Thanks for sending, Luke. I checked it out and the issue was as Dries suspected. Just go into the Project window and under the Settings tab uncheck "Focused Caustics" and you should be good to go.

Take care,
Chad