Does Keyshot have a Wireframe material?

Started by killswitch, September 17, 2013, 01:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killswitch

I can't seem to find any samples of the Keyshot's wireframe material on the internet. Maybe because most people have not played around with it as much? Or maybe I am not looking at the right places. :/ Someone told me it does not support quads or something and only renders tris. I dont know if that's true. Anyone had the chance to play around with KS wireframe material ?

TpwUK

It has two wireframe materials, one of which is transparent and both are found in miscellaneous

killswitch

Thanks TpwUK. I did find them just now. I was hoping it would show object's wires in quads, instead of tris :( Keyshot is such an unbelievably awesome render engine, a quad wire would have been wonderful, so we could show our models wires as well as full renders. Great for demo reels. Someone from the KS team please say you will have a quad wire material out soon :( :( :( It looks like I will have to resort to Maya to get my wires, and I wanted to avoid Maya for rendering. Zbrush to KS workflow pipeline is a breeze, and fantastic to move between.

LucasAM77

An alternative option: In your 3D Package take a "UV Snapshot" of your UV's > Open this UV Snapshot in Photoshop > Command/Control I to invert the UV snapshot > Save as a TGA > Load the TGA into the "Material Tab > Textures Tab > Color" Node.

*Remember to use "Type: UV Coordinates"*

This should load the Snapshot of your UV's onto your model:

*ProTip: Magic Wand > Tolerance 50 > Select all the white in your newly formed TGA > Select Inverse > Layer Via Copy > Add FX layer "Stroke" of 1 or 2 pixels. This will thicken up the black "UV net" of your wireframe*