Main Menu

777 BUGATTI

Started by tsunami, September 27, 2013, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Hi Guys, i came back from my summer holidays...i missed keyshot a lot!! 8)
Here my new work ..Bugatti..
I hope you like..
regards
Aldo

evilmaul

cool car and render!!!

but how much photoshop you have in the back of the car?
it seems lights and plate arent in sync with the geometry

feher

Looks nice. Wish you gave it some space around the vehicle.
Welcome back I hope you had a nice break.
Tim

tsunami

Quote from: evilmaul on September 27, 2013, 04:10:02 PM
cool car and render!!!

but how much photoshop you have in the back of the car?
it seems lights and plate arent in sync with the geometry
well lights are from hdri environment,and the plate was added on ps,because i didn't like the original render plate effect.Btw i "pumped" original lights with some hazelnut effect..that is
Aldo

evilmaul

not talking about the lights...I like the lighting just that the rear seems very different from the render and the model, lights are bigger in the render, the exhausts are more rounded and a bunch of other things like mismatch of focus in different parts...the rear especially seem pretty much all photoshop from a real pic onto the render ;)
also not a fan of how you cropped the final render, chopping off the front tire and the other side too. 
Overall a nice job but I wouldnt have posted the raw diffuse renders cause its easy to spot the differences

DriesV

Quote from: evilmaul on September 28, 2013, 09:15:26 AM
also not a fan of how you cropped the final render, chopping off the front tire and the other side too. 
Overall a nice job but I wouldnt have posted the raw diffuse renders cause its easy to spot the differences

I agree. Very confusing set of images... :)
Especially the wheels are puzzling me. In the diffuse/blue clay shots they look quite different from the rendered image: offset rotation, overall different geometry...
In fact, I'm spotting numerous such discrepancies in the wheel rims, tire profiles, exhaust, body panel seams...
I'm just curious like the rest how much of the final image is photoshop and what the base render looks like. :)

Dries

PhilippeV8

A conspiracy theory could be that you took a picture and tried to re-create it in 3D and only the clay-render is actual KeyShot ........................................

But I am not an American, so I'm not all that into such theories ..  8)

tsunami

Well, i didn't answer before because i was demoralized and angry about what i read on the answers, and my idea was to not answer,..because it was something like "you must demonstrate it's real"!
there was also a post on the thread, that was telling..less or more " the only real keyshot render is the clay image, the other image  could be keyshot render shot, covered with real images"..but this post was deleted i think from the author.
Well, all my keyshot renders are real and not fake clay image covered and cropped with real image. For sure i use reference image when i model and i renderize image; and help me only to get a render something like a real image and Bring the render shot near to reality!!
Usually i use to make clay images during my process woork, just to understand view position, light and bring me to understand what will be the final image; so during the modeling process, 3d is not the final is under working; example i modeled many exaust pipe on this bugatti, Wide, narrow, with rays, without rays , ..Rear bumper convex, less convex, more high, more rounded etc etc without parking sensor and with parking sensor, a little bugatti logo, a more bigger bugatti logo, more large, less large , with more thickness ,etc etc a licence plate rectangular, larger, less larger ..and sometime during the process i get a clay image!!so as on the clay rear view, many bump components was hided on that moment!!!!!
For what i think, a clay image it's only to show as a 3d model can be converted in a real render!!only this.
I bought a 280mb hdri from cgi tut,
i bought blue carbon textures from shutterstock to use on keyshot material to give idea of a real bugatti paint!
i got free grille textures from internet
i got free rear red and white  light textures from internet
To get double sense of material steel and paint  on wheel rims , i got an 0,5 mm Perimetric frame extrusion importing rims on Unigraphics. I used photoshop to modify light on final image, to get the image that i liked more.
So this is what i do when i do a render work and what i do always.
Aldo

DriesV

No offence, but how do you explain the (very) strong resemblance of the car's rear with this photo? ???

The rear is an exact match to your render: the textures, environment, all highlights, shadow details, geometric details... The rims look identical too.

Sorry for my keen eye...

Quite clearly you blended your render with parts of this photo. I've got nothing against it per se, but at least be honest about it.
I even suspect you might have played the same trick on your Number 30 old Style.

Again...I've got nothing against tricks, but please mention them!
Most great renders have seen some post work, but an image where 50% of the render has been blended with photos I don't consider a KeyShot render anymore.

Please don't fool KeyShot users. Be honest about what is achieved through KeyShot and what is not.

Dries

Despot

I've gotta say Aldo, you perhaps should have been more honest about how much was KS render and how much was composited from a photograph !!

I mean the reflection on the back of the car is quite clearly from the photo Dries uploaded and by the looks of it, so is the carbon fibre texture...

Take a look, I had to flip the render image to match the photo BTW... sorry Aldo, but to me it's quite shocking. You know what you've got to remember is a lot of people on this forum are seasoned, experienced graphics professionals... Up until very recently, I myself had worked in this industry for nearly 20 years. What I'm trying to say is, we are hard to fool  :-[

J

DriesV

Here's another quite blatant similarity...

Dries

DriesV

I really need to know something...

Do you employ these intricate compositing methods for all your images?
Which of your images are pure KeyShot renders and which are blended with photographic material?
Are any of your ultra realistic wheels/rims actually rendered (you'll know which ones I'm talking about...)?

I hope you can provide honest answers to these questions. The KeyShot forum members deserve to know... Because quite frankly -just like the Metal Master- I was quite shocked to find out about your deliberate deception here.

Dries

thomasteger

Since I am getting a lot of complaints from forum members I think it is only if you enlighten the audience. I always had some questions about your images, in particular when I looked at the rims and tires.

There is no problem to combine rendering with even heavy retouching - I know quite a few people who do this. But please be honest about it.

thomasteger

Despot

This is more than just 'heavy retouching' though Thomas - it basically amounts to passing a photograph off as a KS render, that can clearly be seen in this thread here...

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6481.0.html

Compare the photograph Dries uploaded to the supposed render, they are almost identical, even down to the rear flat tyre.

When you really scrutinise, its quite obvious, the right-hand front wheel is not masked correctly or the right-hand side rear one as well as other numerous discrepencies like odd shifts in focus for instance.

Honestly, I am so angry I could spit feathers... this kind of thing just makes a complete mockery of true 3D artisans/enthusiasts everywhere