Main Menu

777 BUGATTI

Started by tsunami, September 27, 2013, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Yeah that's about the long and the short of it Chad... I don't agree with you though, I think its just as bad.

If this was a Photoshop skills forum, all would be ok, but it's not.

Also, If I were Luxion I would be concerned about copyright issues. the images that quite obviously are almost all photography need to be removed from this forum. Also, to me it in some way it 'hurts' the reputation of KS.

J

SergioBL

Dude!! I leave the forum for a while and when I came back... Like Chad said: I'm speechless... This is jaw dropping, now, I found the answer to my question that  I've been asking myself for ever: how the hell this dude can achieve those rims and tires??  :o  Mystery solved... I hope this experience will help us to be more honest with the work we show...  ;)

Sergio

Ed

"...   Also, If I were Luxion I would be concerned about copyright issues. the images that quite obviously are almost all photography need to be removed from this forum. Also, to me it in some way it 'hurts' the reputation of KS."

I agree strongly on both points.

Ed

evilmaul

obviously he has tried (and succeeded) to fool us around for quite some time. I've always doubded of his images but kept it quiet. Like someone has already said he has no clue of the professionals that frequent this forum and you Aldo are just a disgrace for the forum and the entire community. (this are the things that make me ashamed to be bear an italian name)
At the end you re not even that good at photoshop and this threads is just one of the proof... the whole image is all fake and a really bad one!

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6441.0.html

At least have the balls to apologize..since you have already tried to give us cheap  excuses on this thread...or most likely you will just disappear (not a bad call either)

I wasnt going to write anything else after my post but after seeing whats has been discovered about the past works I just couldnt keep it inside. I hope this serves as a big life lesson.

Marco

Despot

I think that's well said Marco. I agree entirely.

I also had been a litlle bit suspicious about a lot of his recent stuff, especially rims and tires.

Take a look at this one... looks like the wheels and tires have again been lifted from a photo and filtered/treated (brake caliper colour change from yellow to red and addition of the horse logo), probably to make them look less photographic. The is the last one, I will not look for anymore deception as it's actually making me feel a bit sick.

J

TpwUK

This really is sad isn't it - I placed this guy on a pedestal along with other artists like Dries, Bill and Marco, i feel wounded and somehow cheated but not surprised, I feel as gutted as a fillet of fish :(

Martin

Despot

Hey Martin... there are other half decent artists you know...  ;)

J

DriesV

Quote from: Chad Holton on October 07, 2013, 07:24:39 AM
Looks like the wheels are part of the backplate but the rest is a rendering? Something like this isn't as bad but should definitely be mentioned when posted by the creator. As for some of the others, especially the Bugatti & #30... I'm still shaking my head.  >:(

Not as bad as some of the other horrible stuff, but check out the tips he throws around for those asking how he did the rims and tires...
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,4993.msg21687.html#msg21687

That information is completely false. This behaviour is simply mischievous (dare I say evil?...)!! It goes against anything that a forum is about... It actually makes me really angry. >:(

Dries

Josh3D

Don't want you all to have to put any more energy into this than you already have. We take this type of behavior very seriously. Aldo's images have been removed from the Gallery.

Aldo, I believe you owe it to the people who have supported and encouraged you here an explanation and apology.

Josh

PhilippeV8

What a sad sad story this turns out to be ... there are no winners in this.

I understand that if you use post or composition images there is a degree .. 10% real vs 90% render .. I can think of situations where you'll even end up with 90% real vs 10% rendered, if you want to integrate the product you try to sell in a real life situation.  There's no harm in doing so.  Not telling you did so .. meh, whatever .. but if people ask about it PLEASE tell the truth.  The thread I just re-read where someone asks about the tires and you start to explain how you did it while it's all photograph .. no no no no !
I must say that on the porche thread, I had serious doubts about the bumpiness of the cars hull ...
And indeed it is true that your work got from mediocre where I was able to give you hints and tips to make it better .. right to top notch photoreal render work .. almost overnight.
I always found it fishy, but now dude .. you dropped the ball .. and I hope you simply appologise for lying and for not telling the truth about your image and in the future just be honest about your work.

Perhaps the biggest loser in all this is Luxion cuz they have been advertising their product quite a while now, with images that are 95% stolen photographs .. that's serious ..

Think long and hard about what your next move will be .. cuz there is only 1 right thing to do now.

Cliffl

I think that after this debacle, Luxion / KeyShot should insist on having access, privately if necessary, to the original BIP for any scenes to be considered for their gallery. At least there would be more provenence to the work. Obviously this would not address the issue of the original 3D model having been 'lifted' from somewhere like GrabCad or similar without credit being given to the original creator..
Cliff

DriesV

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on October 08, 2013, 12:19:25 AM
Perhaps the biggest loser in all this is Luxion cuz they have been advertising their product quite a while now, with images that are 95% stolen photographs .. that's serious ..

That is indeed the saddest part. :( What he's done is a complete insult for the Luxion team.
As for strict rules for gallery selection... Most KeyShot users use the tool in their business/office. So you expect them to behave...well...professionally.
Everyone should obey a professional ethics code. That's almost a given. You expect people to do that, and you trust them. When ethics fall...anything can happen. Like we just witnessed...

When I found that Bugatti Veyron photo I did have a 'GOTCHA!!' moment, because I strongly felt something was wrong. I sure hope I'll never have to play Hercule Poirot again! ;)

Dries

Despot

It's quite obvious that he didn't give a **** about KeyShot

When he came back from holiday, this is what he posted :

QuoteHi Guys, i came back from my summer holidays...i missed keyshot a lot!! 8)
Here my new work ..Bugatti..
I hope you like..
regards
Aldo

The word 'keyshot' should be swapped for 'Google'

PhilippeV8

Zy0n

LMFAO... <3 the flame

lol