toad traditional clay sculpture in cg

Started by Konginchains, September 29, 2013, 10:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konginchains

Here is the project i just finished in my spare time, a toad traditional sculpture in CG.

I tried to mimic an actual clay sculpture in development, including adding the imprints and other imperfections of clay to give it more believability. So this is the finished work of an unfinished piece, if you know what i mean ;)

Konginchains

Ed

evilmaul

cool idea and model. Not completely sold on the clay look...I dont recognise a wed clay or any of the oil based ones that I know...mostly not sure about the specular .
Overall a nice job though

Konginchains

Thanks Marco. I'll take note of that coming from you.

Josh3D

Love the idea behind this. Armature and support is very cool looking. The clay does look more like concrete than water/oil-based clays tho.

ps. shared around :) https://www.facebook.com/LuxionKeyShot

Rydi

I don't know if this is clay or something else but the model is really cool and the textures of the wood and metal are quite beautiful ;)

H

What's done with the support after the clay is dryed up?

Robert V.

The model is so good looking, that the wooden plank beneath it looks fake. Perhaps an even higher res. wood texture?

ps, could you share the material settings for the metal? it is stunning!

Konginchains

Thanks for all your comments and critiques.

I will indefintely fix the clay shader so it will look more like clay. I probably should've bought actual clay to study from, since it is hard getting it right just from referencing from photos. As for the armature, I know you won't really need something this elaborate to hold such a simple model, i just decided to put one anyway to give more visual interest to the overall picture.

I've attached the metallic paint shader settings i used for the stand. I prefer to use anistropic or metallic paint over the main metal shaders for most of my models requiring a metallic look.

I also attached the .hdz i used and modified for this lighting setup.

Konginchains