Import Problems: Missing + Added Model Info Upon Import

Started by isucollateral, October 09, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isucollateral

Hi, i need a solution to these problems im having in both KeyShot 4.1 and 4.2 Beta.

on one SW model data is missing.

in another SW model keyshot seems to add parts that dont and have never existed within the model.

Need a solution ASAP as im having to render hundreds of products in multiple finishes for our companys new website being launched around Christmas.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

isucollateral

Update:

KeyShot seems to have some sort of problem with the model when you use the 'Flex' feature within solidworks.

Cheers.

PhilippeV8

Is that something similar as using the "sweep" tool in Inventor, then export as STEP ... that doesn't work either .. with IGES it does work.  Haven't tried a sweep from inventor straight to KS yet.  Should work I guess.

thomasteger

Please provide an example so we can take a look.

Also - have you tried the plugin?

isucollateral

hi philippe, not sure as i dont use inventor but i will try and save it in IGES or STEP and see if it works.

@Thomas: i have sent the first models and assembly to support@luxion and i think a guy called bruno is looking into it.

im still on SW2010 until i can get SW2014 signed off so the plug in doesnt work with version 4.

isucollateral

@PhilippeV8: you are a genius, so simple but it works. i saved the .sldasm as a .IGES and it loads properly. thank you very much :)

i will try the same with the other file ive been having trouble with.

attached finished renders. ive done 180 degree rotating VR images also.

isucollateral

@PhilippeV8: the second file i was having trouble with wouldnt open at all in .IGES format but worked in .STL

thanks again.

thomasteger

Ah yes - bummer re: SW version. Good that you sent to support already - we will take a look.

PhilippeV8

Don't be to enjoyed with IGES or STEP or STL tho .. as far as I remember, you lose assembly hierarchy with these formats ... or is that with OBJ only ?
Deng, I'm importing Sketchup KSP files and Inventor IAM files succesfully lately that I don't even remember the work-rounds I used so often.

PhilippeV8