Reducing background size

Started by mronnelin, October 10, 2013, 12:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mronnelin

Hello

Is it possible to reduce the amount of empty white space around the model (I am using a simple color background, no plate just HDRI lights).

I am rendering rather large images and to get my model size up in scale I have to set my render output size to 15000 x 7328. This will make the model about the size of a third, around 5000 x 3000pixels.

I might be missing something obvius here. Does the extra empty white space affect the rendering time?

Thanks alot!

TpwUK

If i understand you correctly, there is an area render option. Also you can render with alpha and then let photoshop be your friend :)

Martin

mronnelin

yeah kind of, it seems that the render is taking the whole window in consideration when i set my output resolution. I just want to enlarge the resolution of my model.

I cant find anything anywhere on Area Render..?

I have tried scaling up the model but it is still very small within the high-res output rendering.

Thanks

mronnelin

This is a screenshot to illustrate my point more clearly (I hope..)

Chad Holton

The white area renders fairly fast but the quickest way would be a region render (under render options in the Pro version) or you can just adjust your resolution to clip the sides off.

Let us know if you need more info on how to adjust your resolution.

mronnelin

FIXED!

Thanks alot Chad. I somehow managed to miss seeing how the resolution (in settings, not in render) played a part in the final rendering.

I still find the rendering process to be very sluggish. Is it normal that it takes up to 2-2,5 hours to finish rendering (although the image res is approx. 5000x2400 but still 2hours seems alot)

thanks again and thanks for making a great software!

thomasteger

It all depends on your materials and your settings. You can also use max time to control the time of the rendering.