Main Menu

The GoPro Hero 3

Started by cheltenhamboy2, October 16, 2013, 06:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheltenhamboy2

I thought this made a nice subject for rendering. I modelled it with SpaceClaim and did these simple renders using standard KeyShot 3.3.33 components, no post processing. Do you think it looks too perfect, i.e. artificial? Trouble is, that is rather how it appears out of the box. Maybe I'll tone down some of the reflective surfaces a bit and I'd like to "age" the satin black catches if anyone has suggestions for doing that.

thomasteger

Looks very nice. Yes the reflections could be dialed down a bit.

Despot

I agree with Thomas, the reflections are a tad heavy, but everyone has different tastes.

For the catches you could use strategically placed transparent .PNG's for the dirt/grime/dust - that's what I would do...

J

NormanHadley

Excellent work, CB2. I think you've answered your own question with the shininess. And a few splashes of mud would show the kit had been used as intended, obviously. This caught my eye because I did a write-up of the GoPro just a few weeks ago for my cycling website.  http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/goprohireco

edwardo

Very nice!

The polycarb is arguably too shiny, but it's got perfect IOR
Either way.... nice job indeed

Thanks
Ed

Josh3D

yeah, depend on what look you're going for. The third shot is comparable to some product shots, but overall the reflections could be toned down and the shininess muted ever so slightly. Great start though! and love the KeyShot logo on the display!!