White spot with lights

Started by BenG075, October 15, 2013, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenG075

Hi !

I have an issue with emissive / area light diffuse creating white dots on the materials receiving  the light...

Any idea to remove these ugly results ??  :o

Thanks for helping :)

Speedster

I've had this problem also.  Basically, you have to fool around with materials to resolve it.  For example, Matte Paint will get the dots, but changing it to advanced or plastic will usually solve it.  It's quite arbitrary, so play with it a bit.  I do wish there was a global resolution to this problem.
Bill G

thomasteger

Are you using an emissive light or an area diffuse light?

BenG075

Thanks Bill for your reply, I'll check and play with the parameters... but I have plastic material applied in the scene, so I guess I have to play with advanced.

Thomas, the light coming from the flexible spot is an area diffuse light, the screens are emissives. I tried to shut down the emissive material but the problem still remain...

Thansk for your replies :)

By the way : I'm trying to make aircraft interiors with light coming mostly from the outside of the plane and some ambiant lighting in there, and there are still the same problems...

thomasteger

Problem identified. Working on a solution.

BenG075

Speedster

QuoteProblem identified. Working on a solution.
Yes!!!  Thank you! 
Bill G

BenG075

By the way, a webinar on interior rendering technics (architecture or aircraft / car interior) could be cool to watch :)
There is not so much reference in the gallery with this topic :) (or I missed them .. :P)

elldawg99

Has there been a solution to this yet? Its been a problem since emmisives have been introduced i'm surprised it has not been addressed yet. :-\

elliot

Speedster

Any progress in resolving this?  I've really run up against a wall with IES and Point or Area Diffuse, as I can't change the materials to reduce the spots.
Bill G

thomasteger

If somebody could provide a scene we can test that would be great.

Speedster

Hi Thomas;
I'm sending you a 200 MB .ksp via Hightail.  Image shows the issue, which appears to be highly material specific.
Bill G

KeyShot

Bill,

I am fairly sure this is resolved in the latest beta. Please contact beta@luxion.com and we will set you up with a version to try.

-- Henrik

thomasteger

Thanks for sending - we will take a look.

BenG075

That's cool to know ! Thanks guys for your support !!