Any Phong tricks out there

Started by Andyjonescreative, October 22, 2013, 09:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyjonescreative

Does anyone have a fix for the phong render in keyshot?  Just seeing if anyone has something cool.

thomasteger

Can you be a bit more specific, please?

Andyjonescreative

lol sorry, kinda vague.  so importing a low poly model with lots of hard edges,  the phong shader does its thing and it looks very strange.  I know that some programs have a phong control so that you can adjust the angle break so that it can smooth where you want it and not where you dont.  I am seeing a setting under the scene material palette that has a (experimental) edge smoothing slider.  Maybe that just answered my question. you are working on it?   as long as I got you , can i ask if there is any way to get a normal map and a bump on a material.  Thanks

thomasteger

I assume that you are talking about the diffuse material. Why don't you increase the polygon count of your model?

evilmaul

KS unfortunately doesnt deal very well with low poly geo..we have seen artifacts in the shading (and shadowing mostly) in quite a few posts.
It would be great if KS would render properly anything that it gets feed with including low res geo and subd (which I think its a must but still not supported)
Like Thomas said the only way for the time being is to smooth (subdivide your model) a few times.

M