Winners of the KeyShot 2013 Halloween Render Challenge

Started by Josh3D, November 13, 2013, 11:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

What a great contest! We've wrapped up the render challenge and even though there was only two weeks to submit an entry, you did not disappoint!  We have Jack-o'-lanterns, demons, skeletons, monsters and more to put the fright in you. Two people walked away with the top prize for best render and best animation, and still others with an honorable mention. A big thank you to everyone who entered and a big congrats to all the winners! Without further ado, here are the winning submissions!

Rendering

Winner: Andre Rossetto / Jack-O-Lantern - KeyShot Pro, 3D Print from Shapeways, 1-year subscription from 3D World Magazine
Jack o' lantern - Andre Rossetto created a great character with an interesting composition, lots of detail, texture work and creativity put into this.

Runners-up
Creatures of the night - Whitewolf's entries were both crazy good, tons of detail and gave us a look at the before and after.

Hoodie - Andy Jones never dissapoints and the creature is a cool as they come. Great detail and easy to see a story behond this one.

Mmmm... Yummy - Threiz's detail is intense. Lot of work, cool composition and creature. great to see the progression from model to render.

Creepy doll - Fabulous creepyness from Al Baldi. Beautiful and just plain creepy.

Death - La Catrina - Very cool to see the progression in this and the final results that turned out stunning.

Birth of evil - With lots of maggot work up front through to the final renders, this ended with pure mouthful of evil and cringes all around.

Gothic Venus - A very cool idea from Alberto Defra. A different approach using surfaces and lighting to capture the shot and the story.

Nosferatu - Dracula in a sports jackets might never look more sport and sscary all at once. Great face work and final render by Tobias Jacobson.

Animation
Winner: Abed Sabeh / The Skulls - KeyShot Pro + Animation, 3D Print from Shapeways, 1-year subscription from 3D World Magazine
The Skulls - Simply amazing work from Abed Sabeh, from modeling, composition, creepiness and score, Abed delivers in this complex animation.
https://vimeo.com/78488738

Runners-up
Creepy doll - A turnatable of the creepy doll render above that gives you a taste of the model and render set-up. The eyes seem to follow you.
https://vimeo.com/78562722

Medusa - (Warning: NSFW) Don't look in her eyes - don't worry, you won't.
http://youtu.be/52mS_iGFYaM

Threiz

DriesV

abedsabeh

Thank you so much for choosing me as a winner!

Congratulations for the rest of the winners, my favorite one was also "Jack-O-Lantern " by Andre Rossetto. Very good job! :)

Abed

Heretic Templar

GregHurley

Chad Holton

Congrats to all the winners! I enjoyed looking at all the submissions even though some may give me nightmares.

jBogh

Nice job everyone!!!
It was great to see what everyone came up with.
Congrats to the winners of course :)

hardboilr

Well deserved winning entry in both categories.

I was wondering about the status of the contest prizes?

XD1

Hey there.
Just wanted to say amazing entries. Winners and runner ups.
I was curious though how the skin textures etc were done?
UV maps?
Thanks