Loading a 5GB file

Started by LuisUgalde, October 24, 2013, 09:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuisUgalde

Hi everyone!

Saving a Keyshot 4 file (.bip) the result is about 5GB size. The assembly has about 500 glass bottles from the same material and a label sticked on them, additional to this, every bottle has water inside. Is normal to have a 5GB file size? Is there any way to reduce this size?

The time to open this kind of files takes about 30 minutes on my Workstation, that is the problem with this.

THANKS!

Andyjonescreative

can you render it in chucks or possibly use a plane with a "mirror" material to fake more bottles?

Chad Holton

Not sure of your situation but you may be able to get away with a lower tessellation value during exporting or importing. This can possibly cut your file size down significantly.

TpwUK

Hi Luis, which package are you using to create the bottle, you may find that the tessellation is set too high. If your modeller can export as OBJ or FBX you might get better control of how many poly's are generated. You can of course get a certain amount of control when you import into KS by clicking the advanced button, you should see Tessellation as a parameter - The higher the number you give it, the more dense the mesh will be. If you're going through a plugin, then again you will need to say which one, and then one of the techie guys on here will help you out better.

Martin

LuisUgalde

I am using CREO 1.0.

I tried to set a lower tessellation, and the result is amazing, the file size is now 300mb, and the quality is also great.

THANKS A LOT!

TpwUK

Cool beans - Glad you're sorted :)

Happy rendering, and don't forget to come back and show us the results

Martin