VR rotate in 2 planes

Started by 3D Off the Page, October 28, 2013, 09:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D Off the Page

I think we talked about this before but not sure.  Is it possible to do a VR where the mouse left to right is rotate left to right then mouse forward and backward is up and down in the VR?  I would like to not have the extra images where the model in the vr is not along the x and y planes.  Hope that makes sense.

thomasteger

You would have to render this out as 2 separate VRs I would assume. Brandon will assist.

Brandon Davis

This requires you to render out 2 VRs and combine them together. The first VR should have the frames indexed as 0_0, 0_1, 0_2, etc. The 2nd VR should have the frames indexed as 1_0, 1_1, 1_2, etc(you will have to manually change the frames this way).

Once you have combined the 2 VRs into one, open the corresponding html file and find the 2 variables uCount and vCount. Modify it to correspond to how many frames you have defined(e.g if you have a turntable with 36 frames: uCount = 36).

Example:
If I render 2 turntables out with 36 frames my variables would be:

var uCount = 36;
var vCount = 2;

If you open the html file, and move the mouse left to right it will use one index of frames, and if I move my mouse up or down, it will use the other.

I hope this helps.

3D Off the Page

3D Off the Page

It kind of works.  When I start the second motion rotating up and down it only goes one frame then doesn't rotate.  But once I start that rotation the one frame I then move the mouse left and right the image rotates up and down.  I can send the folder if you have an ftp site.

thanks

Steve

Brandon Davis

Maybe I am slightly confused on what your trying to achieve then, sorry  :P. Have you tried using hemispherical for the VR type? Does this not work for you?

We don't provide public access to our FTP site, unfortunately. You can send the folder as a *.zip file via keyshot.wetransfer.com to brandon@luxion.com, I will take a look.