keyshot freezing

Started by fletch1971, October 28, 2013, 11:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch1971

We never used to have any problems with keyshot v3 but v4 seems to have problems with "system slow down" issue.
Basically the whole computer slows, the cursor barely moves across the screen, cant click on anything then after anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute it restores.
really annoying as keyshot v3 used to zip along, now every 5 to 10 minutes it gets bogged down. We defiantly are not trying to render massive files or complex scenes. It even happens when we use swap to performance mode.

we have 2 licenses and it happens on both computers as well as my 2 laptops when i transfer the license so i know its not a hardware issue.
OS = Windows 7 / 64-bit
i7-3930k CPU 3.2GHz
16Bb ram

any ideas or help would be REALLY appreciated.

thanks in advance.

mitch

Bruno F

You can change the number of processor cores used by KeyShot.  Simply go to Edit > Properties > General and decrease the number of cores used.  Make sure to click "Save Changes".  You can also try to set the process's priority.  Open the task manager and go to the Processes tab.  Find and right-click the keyshot4.exe process.  Select "Set Priority" and set it to "Low".  If the issue persists please submit your inquiry to support@luxion.com and we will be happy to assist you.