Mmmm...Yummy !

Started by Threiz, October 31, 2013, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threiz

hello my friends !

it's been a while since i didn't participate to a contest, but the theme of this one inspire me, and it's a good occasion to work with keyshot ! Besides, modeling a monster is still fun ;) so count me in !

Threiz

i 've started to work on my illustration since last week end.

Threiz

i've started with zsphere, and then turn the skin into dynamesh to work.

Threiz

here is the mesh, almost finished...

Threiz

For the details, and to make the texturing process easier, i 've created the skin details with a bump map, painting on my model...

Threiz

BTW, as ironconquest 86, i use a mesh from badking website for the mouth, thanks for the link buddy !  :D

TpwUK

Ah ha, Dr. Haboubi ... the witch doctor :)

Threiz

you mean the one who can cure all diseases, make you rich and cook you mixture to return a lost love ?? :)

TpwUK

Ah, you have made his acquaintance too then - lol

Martin

Threiz

ahah  ! Sure ! so far the best encounter in my life !! however i'm still waiting to become a billionaire and marry Scarlet johannson...

Josh3D

Lookin' creepy! Can't wait to see it rendered up in KeyShot!

ironconquest86

Quote from: Threiz on October 31, 2013, 01:18:35 PM
BTW, as ironconquest 86, i use a mesh from badking website for the mouth, thanks for the link buddy !  :D

No problem man! your sculpt looks badass, those horns look great!

Threiz

Hello my friends !

little updates on my work. almost finished the modeling, i just need to put some details on the mouth ( just a bumpmap), adding  the fingernails and the branchs on the back . i 've already retopologized the character, unwrapping it, and started the mapping. i'll post the maps later if you want to see it.
for the pose of the character, i did a little rig in zbrush with zspheres.
here is a capture of the layout of the scene, just finised it. No textures or materials, i've just focused on the frame, the lights and the mood of the picture.i've created my own hdri, based on a cathedral interior: change the colors , the brightness / contrast, etc. i 've also added some lights on the hdri map using hdr light studio. the realtime connection between hdrilight studio and keyshot, love it!
for this image, i did a little bit of color grading too. there is still lot of work to finish, but i think it's gonna be cool :)

Ovidiu Enache

powspows

very Impressive!! I wish I know how to use zbrush properly ><