Creepy Doll

Started by Al Baldi, November 01, 2013, 05:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Baldi

As a child my cousin had a collection of porcelain dolls which she kept in a hutch set in front of her bed.  This became terrifying for me every time my family stayed the night.  I knew I'd be laying in that bed with all those dolls staring at me, looking down at me from high up on those thick wooden shelves. 

Though they sat motionless appearing to look every direction and none, their eyes seeming neither alive nor dead, to me they were caught in a silent and horrible struggle.  Each doll competing to be the most attractive and favored, to be the best of the whole collection. The anger rose to the point of lashing out against each other, or against any other who did not choose the right doll as their favorite...

https://vimeo.com/78562722  - 360 Turntable animation

Speedster

Ymmm!  I hear they are very tasty with a nice fondue sauce, or dipped in chocolate!

Thanks for sharing the process- what modeling app are you using?

Bill G

Al Baldi

I'm modeling in 3DS Max 2009, missing a lot of the features I have in 2014 at work.  It seems like a lot of people are using Zbrush to make awesome models for this contest.

Al Baldi

Al Baldi

Progress:

Josh3D

TpwUK

Al Baldi

Thanks!

Does anyone have tips on the best way to upload a jpg without losing detail?  It looks great on my monitor but then it's blurry after I upload it to the forum.

TpwUK

Other than checking file/preferences/general and checking the compression ratio in there ?

Martin

PhilippeV8