Previous topic - Next topic

Andyjonescreative

just a personal project for fun

Andyjonescreative

one more

thomasteger

Love the hair. How did you do that?

Josh3D

Texture may be a bit heavy or maybe too consistent? ah, the finish looks shiny new but with lots of wear, that's it. I think this is where that label trick for texturing may come in handy.

Andyjonescreative

so funny you say that, i thought that I came up witht he label trick, so I used  it maybe a little too much.

Andyjonescreative

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 04, 2013, 06:09:25 AM
Love the hair. How did you do that?

Hey sorry bout the delay/  so its fibermesh from zbrush.   YOu have to e very gentle with the fibermesh so that you dont stretch it too much cause it will get all jenky.  also in the fibermesh menu you should turn the profile up to at least 3 or 4 to make fibers that look more real.  if you leave it at one it will look like ribbons, (sometimes useful)  here is the material settings i used.  For some reason the spec. is looking not right at the moment but Im on a different comp and cant access the original file.  hope this helps

thomasteger

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

evilmaul

poly hair would never shade properly..I mean its great to have this integration but for realistic stuff we really need to have hair curves (or whatever curves with a direction that can drive the shading )  , polys would still be ok if each one of the single hair had uv info...but definitely not the whole thing with a general mass (like I see in this case with a cubic mapping applied to it)
I guess with shorter hairs its easier to get away with whatever is already available ...but longer nad more complicated hairdos , to make them look right (believable) that another kind of beast :)

Andyjonescreative

bernard

ok so i am very new to keyshot.  i have searched every where to find the pipeline in getting hair in keyshot. this is the closest ive gotten to this.  Can you please a give a step by step in exporting a zbrush mesh with fiber mesh on it into keyshot.  like a a sphere with fiber mesh. then do i export it as a ma. file, or obj? and how do i open in keyshot. ive searched everywhere and im getting so fustrated. i use to model in mudbox send it to maya to add fur then render in mental ray. i saw a few renders in keyshot and i love it. but i dont know how to get hair or fur.  i had to get zbrush just because of the fiber mesh. I use maya and mudbox and this weekend i had to learn zbrush and keyshot. please help me.

Dylan

Bernard, ask Thomas Teger to give you the Goz plugin for ZBrush. It allows for full model export with all subtools including fibremesh. Also, if you UV the hair in ZBrush it will display the texture correctly.

Here is a quick video I made showing the plugin in use with a lot of fibremesh on the model:

http://youtu.be/-Cu-KvIE_BE

thomasteger

@Dillster and everybody else - we are no longer distributing the GoZ plugin for ZBrush. There is a new integration that is being worked on, and should be available within a few months.