Freak Boy

Started by ChewyPixels, November 02, 2013, 08:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChewyPixels

The freaks come out at night!  :P

Unfortunately, I only found out about this challenge a couple of days ago.   :(  Still, couldn't pass the chance at creating something with a Halloween theme. 

So much to do, so little time. 

Threiz

hey ! really love your character ! fun and freaky at the same time, well done ! you still have the time to do some more ! your work on clothes is pretty impressive. Do you have a special technique to do it ???

TpwUK

Hey Chewy, KS renders quick, you have time :)

ChewyPixels

I ran out of time so never got around to texturing.  :'(

Still, I figured I'd submit a clay render at the very least.  Only had about 15 minutes to play with Keyshot and could only manage saving a screenshot.  Oh well.

DriesV

You should do a nice Toon render of your figure.
That should still look pretty awesome! ;)

Btw, a 3D print of this would look pretty sweet too...

ries

abedsabeh

Quote from: ChewyPixels on November 04, 2013, 12:26:11 AM
I ran out of time so never got around to texturing.  :'(

Still, I figured I'd submit a clay render at the very least.  Only had about 15 minutes to play with Keyshot and could only manage saving a screenshot.  Oh well.

Try to apply a translucent material (wax Pumpkin colour) if you don't have time to apply textures, it will look better. IMO

Abed

ChewyPixels

I did a few more renders to show off the model at different angles.  Went with Abed's suggestion.  ;)

Btw, I can't seem to render out any images.  I can only do screengrabs.  Also, there are no options for passes as shown in the online manual.  I think this is a limitation of using the demo of Keyshot.  How is everyone else overcoming this?

Thanks,
Chewy

Al Baldi

I really like this guy, he looks like he has an awesome story. 

What are you trying to accomplish with passes?  I haven't been able to use them like Maya or Modo passes.

Heretic Templar

This one really gives me the creeps