Material Groups

Started by HaroldL, February 27, 2010, 09:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

When assemblies were/are imported into HyperShot, similar items, like bolts, screws, etc, were placed in the same group. When I applied a material to one item in the group all the rest took on the same material.

This is not so in Keyshot. I have to apply material to each item individually. What's with that? ???

HaroldL

guest84672

What modeling system are you using?

HaroldL

Sorry, should have included that info. I am using Alibre.

The file was exported as both Alibre .stp and STEP214. I didn't have a chance to test the Alibre .stp file because when I imported it into Keyshot all the parts were heaped on top of each other at the center of the screen. It was the STEP214 file that I actually got to work with.

And while I'm on the subject; Keyshot cannot import a part or assembly with a helical feature. The assembly I was working with has a screw with Acme thread. Hypershot imported the assembly but with major errors on the helical. Keyshot just gave up and errored out.

In the image of the HS import, the blue assy is an Alibre .stp, the grey assy is a STEP214.

H.

guest84672

Definitely use AP203/214. Can you send me a file with a helical feature so we can take a look?

HaroldL

Here is the file that crashed the keyshot_geometry.exe in both Alibre stp and STEP214 format. It is the helical screw part for the clamp assy in the previous image .

By the way, what is the word on the material group issue? Is Keyshot supposed to retain material groups like Hypershot did? I'm uploading an engine assembly that has cap screws in it that should be in the same material group like they are in Hypershot, just not in Keyshot. I'd upload the bip file but it is huge.

H.

guest84672

We are looking into these issues. Thanks for submitting the files.

Thomas