Buick Wildcat Concept

Started by sixten, November 10, 2013, 09:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixten

I'll let you be the judge of whether or not this is "amazing".  There are quite a few things KeyShot 4 allows which I have yet to explore.  But anyways, onward...

This is a new Wildcat concept, inspired by the original '54 Wildcat II show car.  A bare-knuckled combination of performance and luxury, done the Buick way. I chose the Wildcat as a potential niche offering, meant to scratch away at Jaguar's F-Type or BMW's Z4 market share. And besides, who doesn't love the '54 show car? Here it is in Limited and GS trims:

Thanks!

-Marc

richardfunnell

That's great work, Marc! I really love the solution for your hard top convertible, looks great :)

sixten

edwardo

This is nice. I'd like to see a far higher res version of that animation. The car is not entirely my cup of tea style wise, but actually I love the concept. Very cohesive, with a real story - I love all the 'cat' speak, with settings that go from purr to roar, and catnip for that extra kick! Good story, good design, good realisation....even a real nice editing job on the animation (love the 50's footage). And a nice dedication at the end - I'm sure your grandfather would haved loved to see it.

Thanks for sharing
Ed

sixten

Quote from: edwardo on November 15, 2013, 04:55:14 AM
This is nice. I'd like to see a far higher res version of that animation. The car is not entirely my cup of tea style wise, but actually I love the concept. Very cohesive, with a real story - I love all the 'cat' speak, with settings that go from purr to roar, and catnip for that extra kick! Good story, good design, good realisation....even a real nice editing job on the animation (love the 50's footage). And a nice dedication at the end - I'm sure your grandfather would haved loved to see it.

Thanks for sharing
Ed

Ed, thank you for taking the time for feedback!  I'm glad it strikes a chord, and that the design is polarizing with you and other people who have given their opinions.  There is certainly room for improvement, and work is never done.  And for a while, I thought the growling cougar would be borderline silly, but it was fun inserting various feline-themed elements into the composition. 

If you would like to see a high-res version,  you can watch it here:  https://vimeo.com/78779865