Muddy tires using KeyShot labels

Started by Despot, October 17, 2013, 09:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

QuoteWell I feel a right horses ass now...

So that's where that came from...
;)

Dries

Despot

QuoteSo that's where that came from...

Lol, good one Dries...

Here's a render using a different texture, same wheel apart from I've made it two-tone - it looks much better now more dirty than dungy...

J

TpwUK

Well don't dispose of that first material and technique as it would work and look superb on a tractor in a farm-yard scene with a trailer load of cleaned out stables waste - And i mean that seriously too :).

For road dirt it needs to be more bitty - gravel like with dust, but I don't think it's achievable with KS and labels alone, but i would love to be proven wrong :)

If you can do bubbly and wet for on the tire wall/shoulder area with a good rich dark chocolate colour then it would look grate on rally car scene etc.

I like the way you're working this ...

Martin

Despot

QuoteWell don't dispose of that first material and technique as it would work and look superb on a tractor in a farm-yard scene with a trailer load of cleaned out stables waste - And i mean that seriously too

Don't speak too soon Martin...  ;)

I think what you're talking about can be done... I'm just exploring different avenues...

Not sure what 'bubbly and wet' means for a tire wall though  :-\

Thanks Martin

J

Despot

I was already working on this when Martin made his suggestion...

J

TpwUK

Yay - Tractor wheel that looks reel at last !! - And that includes my effort :) - Excellent result J

Bubbly and wet looking on a tyre for a rally car .... Well as cars go round the track the movement of the ground as cars go over it turns damp earth into a more liquid custard like soil, this tends to adhere itself to the outer edge of the tyre treads and partly over the shoulder, these are the lovely claggy stuff that finds it's way up into the wheel arches and gets splattered down the side of the car. The more slimy and wetter mud found in the troughs that eventually get cut into the earth tends not to stay on the tyre face but can become lodged in treads, leaving the face shinny and wet with occasional clingers

Hope that description helps as it most definitely is no easy task

Martin

thomasteger

slater

Wow,that's fantastic render and awesome textures.
Should be helpfull to all to understand if you could share that 1st model.
That's possible?

Chad Holton

Dylan

This is a very useful way to get more out of the labels function.

slater