Main Menu

Open Road

Started by feher, November 29, 2013, 07:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I love the rear end of the vehicle so I had to do a image of it.
HDR is from http://hdrmaps.com/
I enhanced the lighting with HDRILightStudio  http://www.hdrlightstudio.com/
Some post work in Photoshop.
Enjoy
Tim

SergioBL

This is a BEAUTIFUL image Tim!! Great work as always!!

Cheers!!

Sergio

Speedster

The only thing that puzzles me is that, given that specific car and that road, you would think the car would just be a red blur...  It would if I was driving it!
Bill G

TpwUK

Yes Bill, but you would need to get out and take the photo for bragging rights before you floored the car to leave that red streak :)

Martin

feher

OK here it is in motion. Thanks for pushing me and my images. I always get nervous when it comes to motion blur. Don't want to take away from the vehicle. But, you guys are right this one needs it. Hopefully this is what you had in mind.
Bill I can't do a red blur blob...lol ;)
Tim

feher

Bill,
I took a picture of you driving this puppy.... ;D

PhilippeV8

Where's the LIKE button on this last one  ;D 8) ;D

Speedster

QuoteBill,
I took a picture of you driving this puppy

Oh ya!  But that's not me driving- it's my wife Geri.  You can see her grin in the side view mirror!  I'm just standing there with the camera, and I'm just glad she came back to get me!  Seriously, I was just kidding in my first comment about blur, as a Ferrari at rest is just well, sort of sad.

But this may start a serious discussion about motion blur in general.

I'm not a big fan of MB, unless it's really well done and enhances the statement, as yours does.  But usually it's way overdone and heavy handed.  Always OK on wheels in motion IMO.  Many have commented that my trains need motion blur, which is sort of odd since they were usually going about 5 MPH. 

Most common is that the scenery is blurred, giving the impression that the camera is mounted Hollywood style on an outrigger attached to the car.  But doesn't it really depend on where/how the camera is mounted or fixed, the shutter speed and focal length, etc.?  Or the car is blurred as if the camera is tripod mounted and triggered with a motion sensor.

Looking back at dragstrip photos I shot back in the 1960's with my Brownie at a fixed 60th second, I note that it's either, always minimal, depending on when I clicked.  But usually I was tracking the car, so it was a bit more in focus against a blurred background.

But today we have tools that give us complete artistic freedom, and commensurate with that is what I call "artistic responsibility".  Don't know if that makes sense, but in many ways now I feel we need to recognize and honor certain constraints, to "back off a bit" so to speak.

I'd love to hear others thoughts on this...

Bill G

feher

Bill,
You bring up great points. Shutter speed, is the camera attached to vehicle..etc all makes a difference on how the blur will look.
When I see blur the first thing that comes to mind is what are they hiding. A lot of times the blur is more interesting then the focal point...etc
The same thing when it comes to lens flares. I want to feel it not so much see it. I hope that made sense. All these things can divert our attention from the main focal point very quickly.
This is a subjective thing. It all depends on the artist in the end. Or the client if your doing a piece for someone.
Below are three samples of how I see this.
The first image will be the camera mounted onto the vehicle. That means everything will be in blur except the vehicle.
The second will be taken as if the Photographer is standing on the side of the road. That mean only the vehicle will be blurred.
The third is a enhancement of the first. Just trying to add a little bit more motion to the image. Which is my final for this project.
Some might like it some won't. Can't please everyone.  :D

edwardo

QuoteYou bring up great points. Shitter speed is ....

This is a different problem altogether that can be solved with 'diacalm' in extreme cases or a high fibre diet in less extreme cases.

Hope this helps

feher

Quote from: edwardo on December 02, 2013, 05:47:53 AM
QuoteYou bring up great points. Shitter speed is ....

This is a different problem altogether that can be solved with 'diacalm' in extreme cases or a high fibre diet in less extreme cases.

Hope this helps

OMG...sorry about that.....opps.  :-[

edwardo

Sorry, I couldn't not comment on that.  Lovely renders by the way!

Ed

Josh3D

Great work Tim. Love the initial motion blur images. The latter looked pinched, give that tunnel vision feel.