Main Menu

Classroom interior

Started by DriesV, December 08, 2013, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I was just thinking of doing a interior shot. Getting tired of hearing Keyshot can't do interiors. I was just looking for one to do..
Dries,
This looks very nice has a nice mood. Replace the windows with some scenery in PS and this would be a home run in my book.
Thanks for sharing.
It's a keeper
Tim

Speedster

I totally agree about breaking the rut with some interior work.  I did my design for a live/work compound in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and it taught me more that I would have guessed, plus it was a blast!  Very different thought processes in play.

BTW, we just sold our home/studio near San Diego and are packing now for our move back to Santa Fe.  But we're not going to build our compound there.

Bill G

TpwUK

I would like to see this interior scene lit with only IES. Pure black HDR and then just IES to see how KeyShot copes and your render times.

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: slater on December 09, 2013, 12:49:40 AM
And the scene come from??

A close to, but not exactly the same, classroom can be obtained here along with some other nice interior scenes... for free!: http://www.idst-render.com/scenes.html

It could be great fun with a KeyShot interior challenge, don't you think?

DriesV

Here's a realtime screenshot (with some PS adjustments) after 1.5 hours of rendering.
After 20 minutes into rendering, the quality of the light didn't change much. Additional rendering helped to get rid of most noise, though.

Lighting consists of:
*area light for the fluorescent tube lamps (all lamps are one part)
*10 x IES light for ceiling pendant lamps
*10 x emissives for ceiling pendant lamps glow

Dries

Chad Holton

These are really cool, Dries - Thanks for sharing!

DriesV

Trying some 'light layer' techniques again.

PSD file used for compositing can be grabbed here.

Dries

TpwUK

Looks good, i like the second one with the all black HDR - Looks pretty good. How does the render time compare to non IES lighting ?

Martin

Josh3D

GREAT shots Dries. Love this scene.

BenG075

amazing work and impressive shots ! Thanks for sharing your ksp files :)

DriesV

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: BenG075 on December 12, 2013, 09:18:42 AM

Please do post your own shots in here! ;)

Dries

DriesV

Adding some life through textures.
Single shot KeyShot realtime render with some vignetting and adjustment layers added in Photoshop. I also put some KeyShot logos on the board (wallpaper *wink* ;)).

Second image is render without editing.

Dries

DriesV

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 10, 2013, 01:45:05 AM
It could be great fun with a KeyShot interior challenge, don't you think?

GREAT idea! :D

Dries

BenG075

+1 for the contest ! It will melt our micro-processors but for the good reason ;)

Quote from: DriesV on December 12, 2013, 09:27:32 AM
Thanks, guys!

Quote from: BenG075 on December 12, 2013, 09:18:42 AM

Please do post your own shots in here! ;)

Dries

Not sure I could do better shot ;) I'm working on aircraft interior and having your scene and light strategy help me to make a better good looking interior shot. I'll post it later on this topic if I can render it (even if I have 16 core processor it wayyyyyyy long to render :)

slater

Credit for this scene come from??..