Main Menu

Piranha

Started by FeherJr, December 08, 2013, 03:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeherJr

I really enjoy doing creature/animals with cartoon features. Found this fish while exploring the internet loved how it looked and the feel of it. This is what i ended up with.

FeherJr

More of a tropical look.

feher

I like the first one better. I would like to see you push this more. I will UV map this for you. In the mean time research piranha's.  look for as much imagery as possible and start taking notes.
I know this is a cartoon but you can get piranha's characteristic in the image. Research Disney's characters look at how they color up things like this. Nemo would be a good place to start.
I'm happy to see you starting to get into this more. If this is what you want to do then I suggest more time in your 3d programs and Keyshot and less time on those video games...... ;) Just sayin.
Thanks for sharing
Dad

Chad Holton

Welcome to the forum, FeherJr! (A little belated on my part) I know what your dad is saying about video games, one of my sons is the same way (he's 11). He shows some interest in 3D modeling but hasn't committed to anything just yet.

Anyhow, I like the second one - it has a better feel in my opinion. If possible, I would make the eye a little more Pixar like... I think there are youtube videos that show how this is done.