Decal Scaling

Started by Imz, August 06, 2010, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imz

On import of tiff label files with transparency (that part works great) my labels are coming in tiny.

I'm mapping a label on a soda can, cylindrical map, large TIFF artwork. When I go to adjust the U & V scale, the maximum amount I can scale up is "5" which isn't nearly enough.

I've tried importing a number of file and pixel sizes from Photoshop, but they always appear on my can at about the size of a postage stamp.

Are there optimal dimension, resolution & setting parameters?

- is Keyshot scaling the U or V on import relative to units? (just thought of this)
- will a smaller file work better?
- is the postage stamping a response to the large file size?
- is it possible to get artwork in 1:1 scale?

Poked around the forum, but everyone titling their posts "decal problem" or "decal question" definitely doesn't help with searching.

Cheers,

Imz

KeyShot

Try unselecting 'keep same coordinates' when you import your geometry. KeyShot 2.1 will remove the limitation on the scaling of the label size.

-- Henrik

Imz

Thanks for the reply Henrick,

I tried unselecting "same coordinates", and it didn't make a difference. Regardless of the file resolution or size, it seems to want to come in postage stamp sized.

I even scaled my can by 50%, with the same result.

As seen in the second image, my u and v scales are need to be very different to get back to proper proportions... and this is as big as I can get my sketch on the can.

Thoughts?

mbob87

I am having exactly the same problem, can't get above 5 on the scale, even when manually typing it in.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

guest84672

Yes - because the setting is maxed out at 5. This will be fixed in the future.

Can someone send me a small example that shows this problem? - thomas@luxion.com.

Thanks,

Thomas

Imz

Hi Thomas,

Emailing you a file file right now...

Imz

guest84672

Thank you - got it. Can you also send the artwork, please?

guest84672

Thanks for sending. Happy to report that the "limits" are gone already and I can now apply the label nicely using cylindrical mapping. Coming in 2.1.

Thomas

lancemcgregor

I am having the exact same problem, there wasn't a solution posted, how is this solved?
I'd love to know,
Thanks
Lance.

guest84672

lancemcgregor

When can we expect 2.1 and will it be a free upgrade?
Thanks
Lance.

guest84672

Hopefully in the next few days and yes it will be free for all KeyShot 2 customers.