Main Menu

G500 Body (GrabCad)

Started by feher, January 06, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi Guys,
I was on GrabCad and ran across this model from Victor Sirick. I thought it needed some Keyshot love....lol
https://grabcad.com/library/g-500-body-shape-final-1

HdrLightStudio for lighting
A few IES lights
Photoshop for some post.
Enjoy
Tim

thomasteger

Speedster

feher

Thanks Guys
Bill,
You are correct. I'm a little embarassed but it seems my gamma is off on my computer at home. I must check it out now. On my tube everything was nice and dark. I updated images with correct gamma.
Thanks for the comments.
Tim

Speedster

Gad, what a difference gamma makes!  Stunning on my EIZO monitor!  I think the -40 degree temperature affects gamma as well! 

Last nit to pick- the windshield seems a bit "frosted" (and not from the ice!), that is, it seems it should have a sharp, shiny, reflection and specular?

Bill G

edwardo

Hi, this is lit beautifully and highlights every surface and detail well.... but I'm not sure about the composition - it feels a little orthographic with not enough perspective in it. But that's just my opinion. Having said that, cudos to both modeller and renderer!

Respectfully
Ed

feher

Quote from: edwardo on January 10, 2014, 05:33:51 AM
Hi, this is lit beautifully and highlights every surface and detail well.... but I'm not sure about the composition - it feels a little orthographic with not enough perspective in it. But that's just my opinion. Having said that, cudos to both modeller and renderer!

Respectfully
Ed

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the comment. The reason why I went with this angle was this model was created for a competition on GrabCad for Sheet metal. So I wanted to showcase the design of the body. It's a box....lol But the front end is sweet. The model caught my eye. The rear design needs some love. But all in all it has legs and I hope the designer keeps pushing it.

Tim

Josh3D

The driver side reflections is buggin' me a bit, but I love this dark look Tim.