Main Menu

Flower Dragon

Started by Andyjonescreative, December 30, 2013, 05:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

So good. Genius tip indeed!

Speedster

Ditto all of the above!  Brilliant!

Back in the late 1890's there was a popular parlor toy, enjoyed by kids and adults alike.  WAY before Xbox!  It was called a "Perspective Box".  Working like a wooded periscope with a mirror, it was a long, narrow, wooden box that held a number of lithographed cutouts, all arranged exactly like you have done here, with a light source (candle or oil lamp) behind the last plate, which was translucent.  Anyway, you looked into the eyepiece, bent down by the 45 degree mirror, and through all of the colored plates.  Awesome toy!  You would not believe the 3D effect.  Man, I'm all juiced up- gotta do one in KeyShot!

It's really amazing the many strange and wonderful tricks we're all coming up with!

Bill G

edwardo

Ha, that's fantastic. I'm now racking my brains thinking how and when I can use this. Good sh!t

TpwUK

All we need now is volumetric lighting :)

Dylan

That's a great tip, thanks for sharing.

gimmyxx

Great work, really!!!!
The macro with DOF is mind-blowing!
Thanks for share the DOF technique i will try it soon!!!

edwardo

QuoteAll we need now is volumetric lighting

Mercy, volumetric lighting would take some renders to the next stratosphere! A bit of fog, smoke and dirt can add soo much to the mood of a shot. Doing it in post is one thing, having it for real would be quite another

Fredlynzz

Absolutely beautiful ... :o

Andyjonescreative

Thanks again everyone.

So was messing with a little twist on the same idea,  I think that I works pretty well.  Same trick but with a couple of spheres so that you can move around and not loose the dusty bits.  Kinda cool for VR. 

Please excuse the crappy renders,  my computers are all working on "real" jobs so I had to scoot this one out fast.   Let me know if this makes sense.   

http://work.mullen.com/deamon/new/

thomasteger

CAClark

Very cool, very original :)

Cheers!

le_ramoucho

Awesome work ! This is very clever and I'm super excited to use this tip in my renderings.

I tried to apply your technique to one of my file but I think I'm not doing it really well. I have couple of questions..
But before to ask for replies, I'm wondering if it could be possible that you upload the file with the sphere, the DOF activated and the layers with the Alpha ? That would be the fastest way to solve my issues I think.

I'm trying to do it on a white background (so harder), close to the ground with a reflective white ground.
I'm rendering 3 speakers and I would like to see the result of this effect on product design.

On which material do you apply the alpha texture ? Is it OK to use the alpha as a .jpg or did you use it differently ?
Any ways to render it with a reflective surface on the ground ? Because right now the "plane" makes it own shadow and hide the reflection of the speakers behind it.

Again, amazing work man. This is better than a picture and if it was not on Keyshot blog, I would never trust someone who tells me "this is Keyshot".

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

Josh3D

Spheres! Of course!! Nice one Andy.

soypatxi

I love your insect, but your trick with the planes are simply gorgeous. Congratulations for your brilliant work

Arian Shamil

This is a masterpiece!
Great work!!!! :)